new swift low profile

saruman

Looks quite nice ... very much like the Sun Ti on first viewing. I must admit that I am not a fan of the new Fiat front end though, especially with the silver central area, I saw the Fiat in various guises at Dusseldorf in August and in my view just keeping it all white made the 'puckered lips' bumper look less prominent. They have blended the cab and bodywork quite nicely though.

I thought the new front on the Fiat looked really good Mel, and with all new models takes time to get used to. The other thing I noticed was that the body panel between passenger door and sliding door has been done away with. Just wonder how converters such as Timberland will adjust to this. Howard.

[QUOTE]howardtcz - 2006-09-17 10:26 AM I thought the new front on the Fiat looked really good Mel, and with all new models takes time to get used to. The other thing I noticed was that the body panel between passenger door and sliding door has been done away with. Just wonder how converters such as Timberland will adjust to this. Howard.[/QUOTE] Howard, When we get back from our trip I'll pop into the Timberland factory to have a look. Did you see the new panel van at Brownhills (?) There must be some kind of panel between the cab door and the sliding door, on my LWB Ducato it's completely blank. Don

All the vans I looked at were at the Shepton Mallet show Don. I know that your van has the seat/ bed arrangment, and mine a sink unit, but I mentioned Timberland as an example. While all the converters will have to adjust to this new design, I don,t see any real problems. In case there was any confusion, it was the panel on the bodywork I referred to and not the interior and the only thing separating the passenger door from sliding door is now the b pillar

[QUOTE]howardtcz - 2006-09-17 12:37 PM All the vans I looked at were at the Shepton Mallet show Don. I know that your van has the seat/ bed arrangment, and mine a sink unit, but I mentioned Timberland as an example. While all the converters will have to adjust to this new design, I don,t see any real problems. In case there was any confusion, it was the panel on the bodywork I referred to and not the interior and the only thing separating the passenger door from sliding door is now the b pillar[/QUOTE]Sorry Don, but if it makes it any easier, the L.W.B is now the same set up as the medium and short wheelbase models. Howard.

And finally. It was the l.w.b. I looked at, so this will give you something to muse over on your trip Don. Enjoy yourselves. ............. I take your point on those indicator/mirrors comments Saruman. They caught my eye straight away. Nice touch from the designers, but looks like a expensive pain for owners. Howard.

[QUOTE]howardtcz - 2006-09-17 2:06 PM And finally. It was the l.w.b. I looked at, so this will give you something to muse over on your trip Don. Enjoy yourselves. ............. I take your point on those indicator/mirrors comments Saruman. They caught my eye straight away. Nice touch from the designers, but looks like a expensive pain for owners. Howard.[/QUOTE] Thanks Howard, I've seen an artists impression/computer designed model of the new Timberland but it did not show the sliding door side. Unless anything unforeseen happens this will be our last motorhome. I'm not paying the silly money they are asking for vans these days unless I have to. Regards Don

Just remembered something else, when at Dusseldorf in August I looked at the spec of the new Rapidos on Fiats, whereas before cab aircon was included, it isn't anymore. I don't know if Swifts came with air con but it looks like it's an optional extra on them as well now.

Dickyc2. We tested the Rapido at brownhills Newark, what a lovely drive automatic , After I had ago the husband tried his hardest to talk me into it . they left the unit in the ca r park for us. We looked at it all over very nice . Not to impressed with the shower though thought a little flimsy for my liking . I said no no no ........When we retire maybe that will be the last one who know's....

Archived