Autocruise Sarasota help please!

snail711

Well yes the charger will only work on hook up and if you mean 3 pin home-style sockets, they also work only on hook-up. How else could you get 240v from a 12v battery, the charger is the means that the 12v battery gets topped up as this is used for lighting, water pump, toilet flush.

snail711 - 2014-07-27 4:35 PM

Hi all,

We have recently bought an '06 Sarasota 6 berth but the sockets and charger seem to only work when on hook-up. Is this usual or are we missing something really simple??

Any info will be much appreciated.

What were you expecting?

What were you told by the seller?

Nothing will work without a power source.

Mains voltage needs a mains voltage power source - ie hook up lead

12 volts needs a 12 v power source - ie leisure battery.

Gas needs a gas supply source - ie gas bottle

The van cannot provide it's own mains power without a device known as an inverter but that is a whole new can of worms!

Guest pelmetman
snail711 - 2014-07-27 4:35 PM

Hi all,

We have recently bought an '06 Sarasota 6 berth but the sockets and charger seem to only work when on hook-up. Is this usual or are we missing something really simple??

Any info will be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum Snail :D.....................although it appears your on a very steep learning curve ;-)..........

pelmetman - 2014-07-27 5:58 PM

Welcome to the forum Snail :D.....................although it appears your on a very steep learning curve ;-)..........

At least with no power this forum should not come as too much of a shock to you?

Hello snail. Yes i too thought that my three pin sockets would work off my habitation battery ,i didnt realise that the habitation battery only ran the round cigaret lighter type sockets (12v) and had my first weekend without electric hookup with no telly or music (was very peacefull and relaxing and we read a lot ) there really is so much to learn isnt there?? Enjoy pp:)

What you need is one of they there elasticated hook up leads.

It stretches out behind you, suspended on sky hooks so that it does not impeded other road users, and wherever you go not only do you always have power but you don't need a sat nav to find your way home!

Simples!

There are ( or were ) a few other owners of Sarasotas on here if you have need of any other specific 'Sarasota help'. I have a similar aged Starblazer, similar size, different layout, similar general equipment but with detail differences.

Harvey

Archived