Snipe Satellite Dish with mounting plate

Guest adhple

Guest adhple
My latest gadget is a Snipe Satellite Dish; I had been using a satellite dish set up on the ground next to Moterhome but found difficulty in receiving the signal due to inaccurate positioning. I researched for a automatic one and found the Snipe on the internet ranging from £599 to £999 but none came with the mounting plate in the UK, which they only supply to fitters who then charge another £200 to £300, so back to the internet where I found I could buy one from Germany with the plate for £582 free post with a best offer price, with a little haggling I purchased a Snipe from Germany at £550. It arrived in 5 days, it was a doddle to fit to the roof and all the wiring is hidden. I can now easily find all the Satellites I need, Astra loaded perfectly with 200+ channels within 5 minutes of setting up.

Interesting when I brought mine a few months ago, they were dearer in Germany, just had a quick look you can now get the Megasat which appears to be identical for €300. I paid a ridiculous £92 just the plate, only found one dealer that would sell you the plate. I would have made my own if fitting it myself, but I was sending it over to the dealer to fit as it was a new van.

Always worth looking at German prices, I brought my Clarion Stereo with satnav from Germany it was over a £100 cheaper.

Archived