Understanding Schaudt Electrobloks

StuartO

Our Hymer has an EBL101 Electroblok and I have got a copy of an English Schaudt Manual for it, although understanding it is sometimes a bit of a challenge.

For example if you ever power off the leisure batteries (using the switch on the EBL) when you power back on it seems to lose track of the battery status. The display of remaining battery capacity showed as 3 ampere hours with a "?" against it. The voltages were still OK.

I tried to follow the instructions to reset by pressing and holding a control button on the MH display but that didn't work. Eventually I part discgarged the batteries (down to about 12.3 volts, so 50%) by leaving lights on overnight and reconnected the EHU to allow the EBL to charge up again. After an overnight charge the display showed a full capacity of 136 AH but the "?" was still there.

Eventually, after a couple of days, the "?" has disappeared.

The EBL is German, so it's supposed to be logical, but it isn't.

Can anyone explain?

Thanks for thise contacts. I have spoken to Udo in the past, so I knew of that option - and I am also aware of the guys in N Wales. I posted on here because I thought someone might know and it might lead to an interesting thread.

Hi StuartO

Do you have a solar panel whose regulator goes through your Elektroblock? If so, did you turn that off too before working on your batteries? We didn't and have had all kinds of problems with ours, but all is ok now (thanks to A and N caravans.

tugga - 2014-08-01 2:35 PM

Hi StuartO

Do you have a solar panel whose regulator goes through your Elektroblock? If so, did you turn that off too before working on your batteries? We didn't and have had all kinds of problems with ours, but all is ok now (thanks to A and N caravans.

No I didn't, although we were parked in a garage so the solar panel input was zero at the time.

Presumably you mean unplugging the solar panel input from the Electroblok because I don;t think there is a switch, is there? All seems to have settled down nicely so no permamnent damage or problem.

I can understand that the Electroblok actively monitors current flow in and out as well as voltage and I am assuming that if you throw the memery of battery capacity out (in my case by turning off the batteries on the Electroblok while the EHU was also disconnecte) then it might have to take a while to work out the state of play again.

Archived