Dometic Fridge Frezzer RMD8555

Trenige

This is the spec of the above dometic fridge freezer, temperature range, a safe operating temperature for keeping food in a fridge is 5 degrees , so how do they get away with this.Cooling capacity: refrigerator +7°C, freezer compartment

down to –12°C at ambient temperatures up to 32°C

(

....I suspect it's all a matter of interpretation.

I would suggest that the figures really mean that it will maintain those particular temperatures at 32°C ambient, and roughly equivalent "below ambient" temperatures at points below that. 32°C ambient is pretty damn hot!

So, maybe an expectation of maintaining 5°C up to 30°C ambient, and much better at our usual and lower Northern Europe ambient temperatures.

Certainly my 'fridge will freeze items in the non-freezer area if it is on maximum cooling, even in the mid-20s ambient. (the manual also recommends maintaining around 4°C in this compartment as being appropriate).

• 2 weeks later...
Got this fridge in my autotrail delaware which I had shipped out to New Zealand in march and temp varies quite a bit and sometimes refuses to work at all. To be fair it could be my not getting it level as our levelling blocks are in storage with our furniture and I can't access them at the moment.At the moment on site in Rotorua and it's working ok and the rain beating down on van roof. Freezer temp varies between-10 c to -18c and fridge about 5c. While we were living in uk had a new cooling unit fitted under warranty and then a new board, so not too impressed with reliability.

Archived