Pillows

david lloyd

Hi everyone At many of the shows we have seen a stall that sells special pillows that, they claim, improves sleep and reduces neck strain etc. I cannot remember the name of the stall or the pillow (that's a great start then) but they look like they are interior sprung rather than memory foam. Does anyone recall what they are called? Has anyone used them? What are they like to sleep on? Sorry to be so vague but wanted to try and get some views before going to York where we just may buy some if they are any good. Many thanks, david

David , I bought one at the show £33 quite alot I thought but, never the less went ahead it is called Raskelf. I bought the matress one from the cc mag . Not as good as the pillow. :-( the whole matress only cost £79 does the job but far better to stick with a major company Good luck Ps sorry forgot I suffer with my neck especially whilst camping under our Heki. Brilliant Pillow I even used it for my back the other week done the job there as well.

Hi David. The pillows you are looking for are from the Pillow Centre. The web site is .... www.pillowcentre.co.uk ... I have not tried them myself but the wife swears by them. I,ve just asked her and its cured her neck and shoulder problems while sleeping completely. Howard.

Hullo David, Have not tried the Raskelf pillows - I don't think they are the ones you were thinking of. But two years ago bought a "memory" one at York. On the whole I am pleased with it. I feel it is worth the price - except on the nights I toss and turn! All the best, Mary (one of the Empress 3)

Thanks to everyone so far..... My wife tells me that last year at York she was passing the stall and overheard one customer being given the price for two of these pillows - £120 for two!! Which is probably the reason I didn't go to ask about them then. Anyone else with ideas on which ones they might be? Are they worth spending that much? Above all.....Do they WORK??? Regards, david

David, I am sorry perhap's I have it wrong . But I have to say mine work's maybe I am totally off line of the one you require . But i often suffer Torte Collis . & I would not be without this one. And when I done my back in the other week I spent two night's downstairs on the floor. The third night I went up to bed got the pillow & stuffed it at the nape of my back slept like it allnight Hey presto so I have found two uses for it and can not complain ....it does not mold to your neck it is not that bounce back springy stuff. It has it's own shape a bit like a wave ;-)

If you want some pillows have a look on eBay, there's load on there, ranging from £9.99 upwards for these special types of pillows, go to www.ebay.co.uk Then cut and paste the following item numbers into the search, these are just 3 of the ones on offer at the moment, even if you don't want to buy one of these it might answer the questions as to which one you're on about: 200025606251 110033582839 140028720480 Or, you could just go to the site and type in pillow and loads will come up. Mel B

Mel B Thanks for the info on ebay - I will have a look later today and see if I can spot any that seem like the ones I'm thinking of. Michelle Thanks for your info on the Raskelf ones. I knew of these and it's good to see they work so will bear them in mind. Probably still go to the stall at York (I know exactly where they usually are) if they are there to talk to them but if we don't feel they are right will seriously consider the Raskelf ones now. Empress We have been using a memory foam mattress topper in the van for a few months - it has improved our quality of sleep no end so we bought another for home use. It just might be that the price we overheard at the show (£120 for two) wasn't for the pillows at all but for single mattress toppers or even duvets noiw that I come to think of it. Nothing for it but to speak to the people on the stall at York and see what we can find out. Many thanks to everyone, david

David , We also about two years ago purchased a foam matress as said before . My husband was on the floor some night's . Suprise because he is really fit tall not fat and agile..especially with Police training that he has to attend regular ..he keep's himself in shape . Now I am not moaning about him on the floor te he had the bed to myself. However it was getting serious. So in the Caravan mag in the adverts we bought this for £79 it does do the trick no more problems . This is the memory foam . I would still advocate it cured his problems. Either that or IKEA for one of those thin matress protectors ,just enought to take the strain. I couldn't see us paying all that money for fear of it not working . i visit an oestopath regular .she said it's not the bed it's age the body does just not bend as when you are young. I have to agree david because at home we choose a really expensive bed nearly £1800, Some night's I get back ache especially if he is on nights and I have the whole bed to myself, I tend to spead all over and My back obviously cannot take the bend's As when he is in it I am confined to my space, and have to lay on my side thus stopping me from going diagnally across the bed... hope this help's *-)

[QUOTE]Geoff Bell - 2006-09-20 12:08 AM Fancy pillows, Lecky blankets, what is going on, we are supposed to be campers!!![/QUOTE] Hi geoff Aye, still campers geoff but - it's the aches and pains of age that michelle refers to - can't do the lying on a hillside bit anymore but it doesn't stop me enjoying the foam mattress now. Mel B Our mattress topper is a 50mm thickness (about 2" in old money. There are 25mm ones but they may be just a bit too thin. Trigrem Thanks for the info on the spring interior pillows - sounds like the ones we saw so we will try them at the stall at York. Please walk round us if we are asleep in front of the trade stand! Regards, david

Not me going to have a like down ... that's David! Can't beat having an electric blanket to warm the bed before you get in, nowt worse than a cold bed as it takes ages to get to sleep when you're chilly. Just corresponded with a supplier of the mattress foam overlays about using an electric blanket as well, they said put the blanket on top of the foam overlay ... sort out defeats the object of the nice 'mouldable' overlay really!!!

[QUOTE]trigrem - 2006-09-19 8:38 PM David Two years ago I was suffering with neck and shoulder problems and had trouble getting off to sleep. Saw the pillows with interior spring setup and despite the price bought one, (I was willing to try anything ). It worked, now no problems with neck pain.[/QUOTE] Yep - these are the ones Trigrem - as howardtcz says the trade stand is The Pillow Centre and they are sprung interior rather than foam. Managed to find them at York they were £30 each (so I was certainly mistaken before when I said I thought they were around £60 each) or 2 for £50. Thanks to everyone for the replies. Regards, david

Hi David, Every so often Aldi has memory foam pillows in stock. We bought some a couple of years ago for home and were so impressed we bought the company! Not really, only kidding. But we were so impressed we bough ttwo more for the motorhome. They cost under £20 each from Aldi and last time I was in there and they had them in there was a lady from a local bed shop buying them all, she confided that Aldi's price was about half of the trade price she could get them for! We've just bought a memory foam mattress toper for our bed at home, £99 from Littlewoods. First couple of nights were very uncomfortable as it was so hot but last night was fine, had a great nights sleep. Mattress topper is 50mm thick. D.

[QUOTE]Dave Newell - 2006-09-28 4:33 PM Hi David, Every so often Aldi has memory foam pillows in stock. We bought some a couple of years ago for home and were so impressed we bought the company! Not really, only kidding. But we were so impressed we bough ttwo more for the motorhome. They cost under £20 each from Aldi and last time I was in there and they had them in there was a lady from a local bed shop buying them all, she confided that Aldi's price was about half of the trade price she could get them for! We've just bought a memory foam mattress toper for our bed at home, £99 from Littlewoods. First couple of nights were very uncomfortable as it was so hot but last night was fine, had a great nights sleep. Mattress topper is 50mm thick. D.[/QUOTE] Hi dave Thanks for that. We did, in fact, buy the pillow centre sprung interior ones at York - they do seem to be very comfortable but not given them a thorough test yet - we were oppsite one of the toilet block generators!!! We also use a memory foam mattress topper both in the M/H and now at home and have really benefitted from a better nights sleep. Regards, david

Just got an email from Lidl and as of 9 October they've got some neck pillows for sale, they look very similar to the foam ones you can buy and are £9.99 each in a choice of colours, go to the following to see the offer: www.lidl.co.uk Then click on "Specials", then "from Monday 09.10" and scroll down the page.

We've bought about six of those spring-interior pillows from caravan shows over the years, which shows we like them so much we use them in the motorhome, at home, with a couple of spares just in case! I've got mild asthma, and I find they help a little with this too.

Archived