Motorhome Insurance

Wasnt Me

Hi our MH has almost been with us a year now and the time has come to insure it again.

Whilst not unhappy with Insurance Choice (current company) I want to ensure I am well covered

Can anyone recommend a decent insurance company with euro breakdown.

I have had a few quotes and I want to make sure I pick a company that deals with any issues or claims properly.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Insurance is a very personal business and we would all like if one company was miles better than the rest. BUT One man's idea of perfection may not suit another. Quotes vary for many different reasons including age, occupation, health , age, where van stored, age of van value of van.

The best advice is to shop around to see what best suits you; what is good for me may well not be good for you.

I am sure others will come along and say this one or that one is great but for reasons given above I'll be realistic.

Good luck in the hunt.

Yes a fair point thanks.

I was hoping for some people to say avoid................ as they did not offer good service when..........

As I stated I am not looking for the cheapest. It is important to me that if we need to claim it is dealt with properly.

I have received a competitive quote from Safeguard, it looks as though the breakdown cover is very comprehensive. This is important to me.

Thanks again for your reply/advice

I had a good quote from the Caravan Club without European Cover. Unfortunately when adding cover it was way more expensive than other.

Currently with Caravanguard. I had to use the breakdown service in the UK earlier this year and it all went smoothly having the vehicle transported to a repair centre of my choice.

Comfort insurance offers a proper Motorhome policy and European breakdown cover is only an additional £58.

I've been with them for 4 years had one claim without any hassle and for my current van they were over 50% cheaper than anyone else.

Wasn't Me - 2014-08-07 1:02 PM

Yes a fair point thanks.

I was hoping for some people to say avoid...........

Ouch!!

That has all manner of 'interesting' repercussions! Some poster complained about a particular Dealer a while back and pretty much ended up as the victim himself!

I've used Scenic now for the past two years as they give full Breakdown cover (UK and Europe) plus Green Card at no extra charge. If you may need Green Card at any time, Scenic is well worth considering because not only is the GC issued without extra charge, they will cover you for many other countries which other Insurers won't.

You can run a quote off their website, but always phone them as they will go out of their way to get you the best possible quote........not to mention they are all very friendly folk who work there too. It seems to be an employer that prides itself on keeping their employees happy!

http://www.scenicinsurance.co.uk/

Hi all just got motorhome insurance renewal from saga, (2011 rapido 690) including full gb/european breakdown cover etc etc living in bristol. £317.99. once again i have rang around for quotes some one on another site said comfort was very competitive tried them for like for like cover £451.81 is it just me (62years old ) but no one seems to be able to match saga (again )

have ben with Safeguard for many years, and find them pretty good, as price inc full UK and euro breakdown...however they don't do a policy that excludes it! depends on your requirement, but would give them a try. They are very helpful when speaking on the phone.

jointerjohn - 2014-08-14 3:33 PM

Hi all just got motorhome insurance renewal from saga, (2011 rapido 690) including full gb/european breakdown cover etc etc living in bristol. £317.99. once again i have rang around for quotes some one on another site said comfort was very competitive tried them for like for like cover £451.81 is it just me (62years old ) but no one seems to be able to match saga (again )

Always found Saga & Comfort within a pound or two of each other, did not try Saga on the new van but with Comfort paying £264 (includes £11.50 for Sat dish) couldn't get below £530 anywhere else.

Archived