Graphics

baden87

Hi,

If you take your design on a disc to a sign maker they will be able to re-produce the design onto vinyl sheets for your vehicle.

A tip for applying, wet the area with water using a spray bottle, peel the backing off the vinyl and put in place the using an old credit card work from the centre to the edges to remove any air bubbles

regards Geoff C.

1. Contact the AutoTrail Owners Club.

2. Search the web and you might strike lucky.

3. Get a local graphics firm to run you some up. If you want the original style, you'll have to show them what they are matching. Otherwise, go for something completely different.

Geoff Cole - 2014-08-10 5:34 PMHi,If you take your design on a disc to a sign maker they will be able to re-produce the design onto vinyl sheets for your vehicle. A tip for applying, wet the area with water using a spray bottle, peel the backing off the vinyl and put in place the using an old credit card work from the centre to the edges to remove any air bubblesregards Geoff C.

Geoff you're partly correct...........you need a few drops of washing up liquid in the water  (about 5-6 drops per ltr will do it) to make it slightly 'slippery' and as it alters the surface tension it makes smoothing out the bubbles easier.  Water on it's own doesn't really do very much.

Guest Peter James

Like any other posing tackle, the only thing that matters is how the graphics look to you

Nobody else cares - unless it looks overdone in which case they will think you are pretentious, especially if you have stuck them on yourself.

So the easiest thing is just leave them off. Spend the money on something useful :-)

(PS: IMO they look better without them anyway)

My experience is that graphics are easier to refabricate and replace than you would think.

I had a box van trailer sprayed to match my MH and then got a local company in Preston to apply matching graphics.

It was about 8-10 years ago but they did a decent job of creating the Hymer bars and sweeping lines, using a photo of the side of the MH as the starting point, and they only charged me £65, including applying them to the trailer. They have stayed there ever since,

It would presumably cost more these days but still not a fortune.

The company who did the job was Aden Tudor:

http://www.adentudor.co.uk/

Archived