Cheap Self Fit Tracking System

Wasnt Me

Yes, fitted one a year ago. Works fine, have it set to "alarm" text when its moved 200mtrs otherwise it can go off intermittantly, although only hapend once, because of "GPS Drift" because it thinks it's moved!

I haven't fully fitted it yet, the ignition cut off etc. because, if you see my post "Reject van where do we go from here" I wasn't sure if we were keeping the van so it's only a temporary fit. Perhaps we should take it off and let someone pinch the van! :-D

Haven't asked for any discount on insurance and wouldn't think there would be one.

Our phones are with Giffgaff on payg. and so is the sim in the tracker, from when I first topped up £10 it gives free text for 3 months (I think) and then starts to use the top up money. It's set to auto top up £10 when credit gets to £3. I have only topped up once, the original, and still have £7 left after nearly 12 months. I can phone it anytime, for free, Giffgaff to Giffgaff, and it will text back it's location.

Without paying more, as far as I'm aware, you cant actually track it, if you leave it on it will keep texting you with it's new location, sends gps co-ordinates link and google map so you can see where it was a moment ago but that's not actual tracking, I think?

It was £45 when I bought mine!! Might buy another at that price!

Colin

About the tracker, I wouldn't order until you are ready to fit it, got sim card etc. so as soon as you get it bring the habitation battery into your living room and sit down in comfort and slowly go through the, my opinion, poor instructions, but if you take your time it will work, but do everything in the order in the instructions. You don't need to fit it to the van to check it's working, then if you have to send it back, Amazon are good, there will be very little time from your receiving it and sending it back.

Mine is fed from habitation battery, it also has a battery back up.

Good luck

Colin

I like the idea that you don;t have to use all the features, so for example you could just leave it powered up (so there is a battery drain to be considered) waiting to be asked for its position. That feature alone could serve extremely well and you could install the thing anywhere at all in the MH.

Even if your MH is stored where there is no power, solar panels and your liesure battery should cope with the electrical load this little electronic thing will generate.

Installing the immoboliser feature sounds a bit more complicated but you never know, that might be achievable too. I've ordered mine.

Archived