Western Motorhome Show Questions

Wasnt Me

We are fairly new to motorhomes (almost a year) a few questions about the show, as we have not been to a show.

Is there enough to entertain younger kids?

If we turn up on Friday, evening around 7 will there be space?

Does the camping entry fee include entry, to the show?

Have we left it too late?

Thanks in advance.

I would say no to the kids question. I'm sure there will be space. The fee includes entertainment in all the halls except the main Saturday night entertainment, but there's always plenty to see in the other halls. Just hope you like country music cos that's all you get.

I went last year, a good selection of dealers and accessories, if you like line dancing you can join in.

There were a number of odd folk in full western gear, guns and all, others wandering around chanting in Native American outfits and having ceremonial pow wows, taking it all a bit too seriously.

I didn't stay for the proper entertainment.

Yes you were right Bill

We hot home about an hour ago.

Great weekend the western stuff was entertaining for me, my wife and the kids.

Very friendly folk even the ones with a gun or two.

I could not believe how many motorhomes there were, the man on the gate said 3500?

Got some bargains also.

.... and the rest. One of the club rally marshals was told by Warners that the advance bookings were over 4200 & that was before the cut of date back in July.

I didn't think the show itself was too overcrowded though. Busy, but no problem getting to see what we wanted to.

BIt late I know but I think this is the show that's most suitable for young kids with all the cowboys and indians wandering around and the 'native' village.  We went this year because the weather has been so good and we love walking the hills.  It's about the nicest place I can think of to park for a show with the view of the hills and such wonderful villages around.  We used to walk the malverns every sunday when we lived in the area and we really enjoyed ourselves.  We didn't go to any of the entertainment as it's not our 'bag' but I'm sure it is popular going by the numbers that attended.  My only gripe was that the showers on our block were locked up early on sunday evening.  My feeling is that having paid for 4 nights thursday - monday, all facilities should have remained available, after all most people like to shower in the mornings don't they?

Archived