AS ford Duetto bed size Mk5, 6 and 7 different?

pusscat

Can anyone please tell me if there is a difference in the bed sizes of the AS ford Duetto of the Mk5, 6 and 7 ford transits please or are they all the same?

I've heard the Mk5 transit was a LWB and the 6 & 7 were MWB and just wanted to know if they changed the bed sizes accordingly. If anyone can give the actual measurements, (with the end fill in cushions by the driver / passenger seats in as well) that'd be really appreciated.

Regards,

Pusscat

pussycat, we have had Duettos on both the MK5 and the MK7 Transit and to all appearances the beds were the same size on both. I cannot see the MK6 being any different.

Sorry but no longer have the van to go out and measure, but from memory the double bed was 5ft 6in wide and about 6ft long. We used to sleep on the double across the width of the van and never used the three infill cushions at all (they spent 6 years in the loft and only came out when the van was sold).

We never really ever noticed any difference in internal length between the LWB MK5 and the MWB MK7.

pusscat - 2014-08-16 5:52 PM

Can anyone please tell me if there is a difference in the bed sizes of the AS ford Duetto of the Mk5, 6 and 7 ford transits please or are they all the same?

I've heard the Mk5 transit was a LWB and the 6 & 7 were MWB and just wanted to know if they changed the bed sizes accordingly. If anyone can give the actual measurements, (with the end fill in cushions by the driver / passenger seats in as well) that'd be really appreciated.

Regards,

Pusscat

The majority of AS Duetto's on the Mk5 Transit chassis were LWB which is the model i own. I'm 5'11 and travelling 'solo' only ever used the single at the side which gives ample room.

The later Mk6/7 are MWB hence the reason you now see few AS conversions using this base model. Having never owned one of these i cannot comment on bed size, but the internal space is obviously less than the Mk5.

Archived