Rub-down mitts?

Lizzy

Can anyone remember where they read that rub-down mitts have been found to be useful when using motorcaravan showers? To use before stepping out so that most of the water is rubbed off in the shower tray? Are these the same mitts that dog owners use ? I haven't the energy right now to trawl through my old magazines ........

We got some, can't remember where from, one is in the shape of a dog the other a dolphin! They were meant for kids but so long as you don't mind the fact that they are animal etc shaped they still do the job well. They cost about £1.00 each I think, you might find them in some of the discout shops. You still need a bit of a rub down with a towel afterwards but they do remove the vast majority of the water so your actual towel is still quite dry afterwards - you can just use a small hand towel, rather than a bath towel so you don't have the large towel hanging around.

I use an imitation Chamois leather from Halfords £7.00. Really good and absorbant and lasts for years. I also use one at home to dry off myself and the shower. Can be washed in the machine as well. Also pretty good for use on the car and van. Comes in a white plastic container for storage. Believe me these really are good, have a look and see for yourself.

I was in 'Woolies' on Saturday and was browsing (like you do) and saw a mitt with a 'medusa' like surface, it was being advertised on one of their JML stands - can't remember the price! but wasn't expensive - looked ideal for drying off the shower, and it could be used for all other jobs too - according to the advert. Would not want to use it on my body though ;-) Might get one at the end of the month. Carol

Maybe, but with a chamois you don't even hardly have to dry the towel. You just wring out the imitation leather.but each to his own. The squeegeeing idea sounds interesting though....................if I can get my wife to do it for me. :D :-> :->

Archived