leaking hose at rear of wash basin

Neil Hunt

Has anyone had any success in dismantling the sink unit in an auto sleeper nuevo? I cannot get at the leaking hose without taking the front panel off the vanity unit but it refuses to come away from the sink, and I am wary about applying any force as the plastic is so brittle. Neil

Does the panel screw on?

we have a swift and it has a screwed panel under the sink. Our tap unit was loose , and the only way to get to it was to cut out a small hole under the tap unit , as the panel was too low. When the tap was tightened , We stuck a large silver button ( the shank type) over the hole. It looks like it was always there

Maybe you could do something simular? and cover the cut out with a plate of some description?

PJay

Thanks for the reply PJay,

the panel is screwed to the wall and appears to lock in some way to the rim of the sink bowl or it may be stuck together. I did undo the panel screws but could not separate panel from the sink. The water is leaking from the base of the tap where the flexible hose fits, as far as I can see. We are no fixed abode at the moment so do not want to attempt to remove the sink as may end up in complete mess. The tap is not accessible unless the panel or the whole thing is removed. We may have to live with the leak for the time being. The horseshoe plate and securing bolt at the base of the tap is rusty so may have been leaking for all its 4 year life. All best, Neil

We have a Broadway with the swing wall basin/shower. There are 4 screws behind white plastic caps that may be stuck with silicon. Removing the screws and the panel you can get access to the pipework.

We found water pouring out the bottom and found the waste hose had come off, there was nothing holding it on.

Hope this helps

Neil

Besides getting in touch with Auto-Sleepers themselves, you might try (assuming you haven’t already done so) asking about this on the ASOC forum

http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/

As a temporary measure - if you can find a way to do it - you could try gobbing a lavish amount of Fernox plumbing sealant around where you think the leak is coming from.

https://www.castrads.com/accessories/lsx-sealant/?gclid=CMnU1Ne0ocACFfMZtAodvnUA3A

Thanks Derek and milhouse for responding, ours isn't the swing wall type and it looks as if the panel beneath the sink and the sink are fixed together and as so brittle and I understand difficult to get replacements I am proceeding carefully. I have used the fernox sealant in other situations and it does work when joint is wet so may indeed be worth a try.

We are living on the van at the moment and all my diy gear is in storage so don't want to be left with a big job and no bathroom on the van. Will try asoc I am a member. The tap underside is impossible to work on without removing panel but I may just get my hand up there with some sticky goo.

Neil

Archived