This is a Freindly Forum

robertandjean

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only ever had a problem with one persons general abuse and personal insults , not directly against me, otherwise of course the forum is as friendly as any other.

I see he's at it again in this thread of all places *-)

Its a great forum and i wish id heard of it before i bought my first motorhome , i learnt loads ,and sometimes its more entertaining than the telly ,brian was right ...you should come on here for a year before you buy : and then you might not make any mistakes ...... Anyhow carry on and keep up the good fight ... Er i mean work lol pp:)

This forum, like life in general, is a balancing act and when ego levels exceed tolerance and sense of humour levels harsh words tend to emanate that would never emanate in a face to face situation.

There are those amongst us who seek confrontation in almost every posting and who also manage to see an attack leveled at them from almost any direction and in many an innocent posting.

Live and let live, don't be surprised or put off by anything said on here and never be afraid to state your own point of view as apart from one or two people nobody else carries a grudge forward from one thread to another ad infinitum and we are all capable of kindness and empathy if we can just try a bit harder.

It really is not that hard.

Guest JudgeMental
Will85 - 2014-08-22 3:01 AM

Still aboard and listening !

Eddie ... "Bikes R Us" ... its time you had another.

Will

Bless you Will......take it easy on the cider as your becoming incoherent:D

Like wise R&J steady on the cheap french plonk. :-D did get onto Colmar aire late July, it was a breeze, plenty of space, good facilities and convenient for walk into town....

JudgeMental - 2014-08-22 12:37 PM

Will85 - 2014-08-22 3:01 AM

Still aboard and listening !

Eddie ... "Bikes R Us" ... its time you had another.

Will

Bless you Will......take it easy on the cider as your becoming incoherent:D

Like wise R&J steady on the cheap french plonk. :-D did get onto Colmar aire late July, it was a breeze, plenty of space, good facilities and convenient for walk into town....

Steady on Eddie, we only drink fine French wines, don't you know! Glad you enjoyed the aire at Colmer, it is of a good standard and one we would recommend to all.

Thanks to all for supportive comments on this thread, and we almost managed to avoid insults being exchanged but still think General tone from vast majority shows that almost all on here favour the Freindly approach.

Symbol Owner - 2014-08-24 9:27 AM

robertandjean - 2014-08-22 10:50 PM

General tone from vast majority shows that almost all on here favour the Freindly approach.

It WOULD help if you could spell it, R&J!

Cheers,

Colin.

I and a T on the end Colin it's not difikult even four me

antony1969 - 2014-08-24 10:54 AM

Symbol Owner - 2014-08-24 10:25 AM

Yup! You are: 'the exception that proves the rule' Anthony!

Colin.

I think that's a compliment but maybe not ... Confused Huddersfield

It's a play on the fact that you spell your first given name incorrectly -- Anthony/Antony -- but perhaps that was your father's doing when he registered your birth!

Cheers,

Colin. (which Pelmetman thinks should be spelled with a 'K'!)

P.S. I had fogotten how young you are -- still using that juvenile 'joke' about the spelling of 'it' -- which I fell out of my pram (c.1945) laughing at!

C.

Symbol Owner - 2014-08-24 12:25 PM

...It's a play on the fact that you spell your first given name incorrectly -- Anthony/Antony -- but perhaps that was your father's doing when he registered your birth!...

Are you suggesting that “anthony” is the only correct way to spell that name?

If so, you might want to look at the section heading “Spelling and pronunciation” in this Wikipedia entry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_(given_name)

I’m used to having my names misspelled, even on this forum where it should be obvious from my user-name what the spelling should be. It doesn’t concern me and ‘spelling flames’ appearing in discussions are a sure sign that an internet forum has gone downhill.

http://grammar.about.com/od/rs/g/spellingflameterm.htm

Colin.

It's a play on the fact that you spell your first given name incorrectly -- Anthony/Antony -- but perhaps that was your father's doing when he registered your birth!

Cheers,

P.S. I had fogotten how young you are -- still using that juvenile 'joke' about the spelling of 'it' -- which I fell out of my pram (c.1945) laughing at!

C.

I suppose you think you are being clever and funny. I think you are being gratuitously offensive and making your self look silly - and i suspect that other forums users see it that way too.

Colin.

Cheers,

C.

Seems I was doomed right from the beginning Colin ... Even my names wrong ! ... I don't think my father was present at the birth certificate signing ... At least they didn't call me after my old fella as it says on my birth ticket ... Unknown what a stupid name

I have to be brief -- we're off in the ,van for a week with no computer, so..........

Derek (hope that's correct!) I stand corrected -- I should have knpwn about Mark ANTONY -- but had forgotten.

Stuart -- you are being an insulting prig -- what you don't know is that Antony & I have had many differences of opinion long before you came onto these forums without it getting nasty or resorting to name-calling.

Antony - I stand corrected also........if I have offended you with my 'banter' then I apologise -- because I do not set out deliberately to offend anybody. The reference to Birth Certs. etc. was because my father-in Law missspelled one of my wife's names (Ann for Anne, which was what her mother wanted) on her Birth Certificate! It happens -- he was never forgiven!

And -- my original comment was correct -- you are the exception which proves the rule! Hooray!

Cheers,

Colin.

Thanks Eddie, I'm still around and busier than ever with little time to even look at the forums. I have little time for idle chatter, positive thoughts are more my line.

Building a Vardo (gypsy caravan) is the latest interest (child sized of course) as I don't have a building large enough for a full sized one.

5-10 years is the time span that includes full ornamentation and decoration.

Its the nearest to a Motorhome that I can manage.

Will

One thing that stands out from this string, as I have learnt to my cost, is that teasing, or trying to make jokes or humerous comments, on an open forum, is a very high risk activity.

First, because not everyone has the same sense of humour, so one person's joke can hit another's sore spot, instead of their funny bone.

Second, because what is written is not necessarily recieved as it would be if spoken, when hidden intent can be signalled by facial expression.

Third, because most jokes rely to some degree on bad taste for impact. That element of bad taste can transmit more powerfully than intended, and can cause genuine offence even when it was the least wish of the author.

If one finds one has offended accidentlly, it is far better IMO to apologise, than to go into a huff and tell the offended reader to "get a sense of humour", or similar. Pouring petrol on a smouldering fire seldom results in the fire being extinguished! Here endeth etc! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2014-08-25 2:23 PM

If one finds one has offended accidentlly, it is far better IMO to apologise, than to go into a huff and tell the offended reader to "get a sense of humour", or similar. Pouring petrol on a smouldering fire seldom results in the fire being extinguished! Here endeth etc! :-D

....if one has offended on purpose, however.................

;-)

antony1969 - 2014-08-25 8:58 AM

Colin.

Cheers,

C.

Seems I was doomed right from the beginning Colin ... Even my names wrong ! ... I don't think my father was present at the birth certificate signing ... At least they didn't call me after my old fella as it says on my birth ticket ... Unknown what a stupid name

Just checked my birth certificate Antony, seems we may be half brothers.

Greetings Bro.

Archived