Going to Spain

DaveWH

Hi All

I am traveling down to Spain in the next few weeks and was hopeful of finding out if the route through Rouen is feasible or are the road works still in place. If so does any of our members know of a good diversion.

Have searched the forum for up to date information without luck.

regards Dave

Guest JudgeMental

You will probably be delayed a bit but I found it no big deal to be honest, then again I live in London so it seemed pretty straightforward to me....delayed me by about 30 minutes I think. Someone will be along with a route through the worse bit soon :-D

http://www.france-forum-frenchentree.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=149459

"Tunnel is now open and bridge on 26th August" but later post says with time restrictions!

You mean like this? :-D

If you take the (free) A28 to Rouen it becomes the D6028 (dual carriageway, motorway standard) as you enter the city, and you will enter a tunnel. It is just over one mile south of the interchange with the D43. Take the right hand lane into and through the tunnel, and stay in that lane. There is an interchange immediately as you exit, stay in lane. In about half a mile there is a further interchange. Stay in lane, signed Toutes Directions and Rouen - Centre. Immediately after that interchange look for signs for N15 Vernon, Pontoise, Dieppe, Le Havre on the right, and take the right exit lane. You will almost immediately enter another short tunnel. Stay right. As you approach the exit the road bends slightly right, and after exiting bends back to the left with a further lane on the right. Ignore this right hand lane to take the central lane, indicated for left turning traffic. You approach traffic lights where you turn left signed Cergy-Pontoise. Stay right as you turn (both lanes turn left), and keep right for Cergy-Pontoise. Stay in the right hand lane. At further traffic lights, continue ahead for Cergy-Pontoise. Route de Bonsecours, which becomes three lane at the lights. Take the right hand lane along Bonsecours, and stay right for D6015 to Vernon and Evreux. Stay with the D6015 to roundabout at Port-St-Ouen where take second exit, to your left, still D6015 for Evreux and Vernon. Follow D6015 to Igoville and Pont de l'Arche, and thence on to to Evreux. The only tricky bit is picking up that right hand lane as you approach the second tunnel, and getting the right lane as you exit. Otherwise, it a breeze!

Guest JudgeMental

a map would have been easier :-| think ive got it though :D

but like you say roadworks end about now anyway, but center worth avoiding at best of times. one thread I was looking at suggested staying on A29 - A151 - A150 and over Gustav Flaubert bridge ( to the west of town)

• 1 month later...
Brian Kirby - 2014-08-20 5:11 PM

You mean like this? :-D

If you take the (free) A28 to Rouen it becomes the D6028 (dual carriageway, motorway standard) as you enter the city, and you will enter a tunnel. It is just over one mile south of the interchange with the D43. Take the right hand lane into and through the tunnel, and stay in that lane. There is an interchange immediately as you exit, stay in lane. In about half a mile there is a further interchange. Stay in lane, signed Toutes Directions and Rouen - Centre. Immediately after that interchange look for signs for N15 Vernon, Pontoise, Dieppe, Le Havre on the right, and take the right exit lane. You will almost immediately enter another short tunnel. Stay right. As you approach the exit the road bends slightly right, and after exiting bends back to the left with a further lane on the right. Ignore this right hand lane to take the central lane, indicated for left turning traffic. You approach traffic lights where you turn left signed Cergy-Pontoise. Stay right as you turn (both lanes turn left), and keep right for Cergy-Pontoise. Stay in the right hand lane. At further traffic lights, continue ahead for Cergy-Pontoise. Route de Bonsecours, which becomes three lane at the lights. Take the right hand lane along Bonsecours, and stay right for D6015 to Vernon and Evreux. Stay with the D6015 to roundabout at Port-St-Ouen where take second exit, to your left, still D6015 for Evreux and Vernon. Follow D6015 to Igoville and Pont de l'Arche, and thence on to to Evreux. The only tricky bit is picking up that right hand lane as you approach the second tunnel, and getting the right lane as you exit. Otherwise, it a breeze!

Hi Brian after a year out moving house I am doing a little catching up with things. If I have followed your excellent directions this appears to be my normal route. If I have got it right others readers may find it useful to know that TomTom and probably others will take you through this using your exact route. I always put the car park at Saint Adrien (N49.37099 E1.12656) as a destination as this makes a good point to aim for and a good place to celebrate being south of Rouen with a fresh cuppa. Thanks Brian

The only time during these works I encountered a problem through Rouen was slavishly trying to follow my satnav as it "recalculated route", as I do this route a lot when the works first started someone told me to turn the satnav off, forget complicated directions, just merely follow signage for Paris............worked for me.

Archived