Frankia Classes

GAVLAD

Yes, it's designed to confuse, I think it goes Holiday > Comfort > Exclusiv > Luxury > Premium > Royal(!), although it does change from year to year.

Best idea is to download the brochure for the model year of van that you're looking at as there will be a full listing of features associated with each class, plus not all vans are available in all classes of course..

Steve is correct. But in 2013 they reduced to Comfort - Exclusive - Luxury .

Also 6 series are the smallest . Next 7 series and finally 8 series . Based on the length I assume as I have the 740 which is 7.60 metres long. A friend has an 840 which is 8.4 metres

( I ) denotes A Class . (A) is overhead cab bed ( T ) is low profile .

But what they are in 2015 is anyone's guess !!!!

I am on my second sourced from the Dusseldorf Show and they are great vans !

SMC , Newark are the sole UK supplier.

Hi Steve & Ian

Thanks for this.

I've tried downloading a brochure but can only seem to get 2014's at present for some reason.

I'm looking at second hand probably 2008 year and like the 840/8400 but can't decide on the over head cab coach built version or the A class.

Suppose I need to go sit in both and compare.

have you been happy with SMC in Newark? - what's there after-sales service like?

thanks

Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Once you have seen both, there is no comparison. The extra space and view from the cab on the A Class is so different. The only thing which worried me at first was driving an A Class, as it seemed so much wider not being sat close to the side door , but after an hours driving you soon get used to it.

I have met the owners of SMC at several shows and they appear to be very helpful . The previous Frankia dealers in UK would not service, habitation check or do warranty work on my van as I bought it direct from Germany. But SMC have assured me they will as I bought my latest van when no UK Frankia dealer existed.

The 2015 brochures usually appear this weekend to coincide with the new models at the Dusseldorf Show. SMC are at Dusseldorf so should have new brochures available later in September

Good luck !!

We've got a 2005 Comfort class that apparently has had some internal upgrading (so the molded "corian" style instead of the same surface as the dinette table).

Can also confirm the good service from SMC, and also Frankia themselves. I emailed re some parts and had an answer within half an hour with part numbers and prices!

Steve

GAVLAD - 2014-08-21 1:48 PM

Hi

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Frankia's Comfort, Holiday and Luxury classes?

I'm taking it that it's different levels of trim/models but which is the lowest and highest?

Thanks

Hi GavLad - I'd add just one important point to the already useful info here. The model names Do Not indicate "different levels of trim". Perhaps the USP of Frankia is that it uses a modular approach to the furniture and fittings, so you just get more stuff in the bigger 'van not better stuff. So if you buy a coachbuilt or an A Class you can get the same floor plans and the same great quality. I suppose it's other USP is they have't followed the herd by committing half the floor space to a double bed in everyone of the 6m plus offerings!

Don't know SMC but hope they're up to the Frankia brand!?

I've just chopped in my LeVoyageur for a Frankia I640SD and it is a fantastic van, the space and storage in the double heated floor is spectacular. Both water tanks are in between floors. The overhead electric bed is something else. It drops down and you can then extend it to make it even bigger. So you can both sleep lengthwise, so no climbing over each other, so bed is massive. You can also sit in part of the lounge area with the bed down.

They are 6.5Mtrs, but have the space of a much bigger van. It's even better than my last van.

Archived