Possible gas attacks?

Tracker

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-09-01 9:40 PM

Had Enough - 2014-09-01 9:32 PM

pelmetman - 2014-09-01 9:25 PM

Chem4kids Sections Search

I'm glad that you've found a site suitable for your intellect. Later you can move up to the grown-up stuff.

Still no explanation about the lack of witnesses over thirty years. Still no explanation of how they always get it just right and never kill anyone.

Still, you could try 'logic-for-five-year-olds.com'. Let us know how you get on.

Oh dear Frank..... did the kiddies website prove your theory wrong? (lol)...................Seeing as there's already been 3 reports this year on the same section of French motorway...............only a matter of time in my view before they catch someone Frank ;-)..............

Yes, after thirty years they ought to be catching one! Your children's website proves nothing and only you could fail to understand it.

Now, go away and work out why you're advised to put your gas detector low down. That can be your homework for this evening.

I've had my fun once more highlighting what an utter prat you can be so I'll leave you to your research.

Still no reason why no one has ever witnessed all the activity needed to gas a motorhome though?

Surely you can come up with something other than three 'claimed' gassing attempts from people as silly as you? There have been many more robberies but most people are bright enough to work out that they are robberies, no more, no less.

Poor deluded man! You live in a very strange world!

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-09-01 9:48 PM

Once removed from the source of carbon monoxide:

Breathing fresh air will decrease the unsafe carbon monoxide level in the blood stream by 50% within 4 to 5 hours, then another 50% every 4 to 5 hours after that until normal levels are reached.

;-)

But by the time they'd been taken to hospital and done all the messing about at least eight hours must have passed so the CO levels should have been more or less back to their normal cigarette smoker levels.

Must try harder! Still no reason from you as to why in thirty years there are no deaths, no dead dogs and no witnesses whatsoever.

I do hope that by morning you've thought up a good reason for these rather obvious contradictions to your silly theories.

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-09-01 9:48 PM

I've had my fun once more highlighting what an utter prat you can be so I'll leave you to your research.

Funny.................I thought it was the other way around ;-)..........

As for where to fit a CO alarm...............there appears to be conflicting advice...........but I know where you should fit yours................although I expect it'll be going off all the time if it detects bullsh*t >:-)........

What Is the Correct Height for a Carbon Monoxide Detector?

By Jennifer Dermody, eHow

A carbon monoxide detector recognizes carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless, tasteless and highly toxic gas. The correct height for a carbon monoxide detector is knee height on the wall. This offers protection while sleeping, which is when you are most vulnerable to carbon monoxide poisoning. Detectors should also be hung above permanently installed fuel-burning appliances.

Height Considerations

Protect your loved ones with a carbon monoxide alarm near sleeping areas.

Home carbon monoxide detectors should be installed in central locations outside sleeping areas. When you lie down to sleep, your head is knee high. Alarms near where you are sleeping will detect levels at head height, and you will be more likely to wake when it sounds. Waist height is also acceptable, if necessary to avoid damage by pets or children, but do not hang it where there are obstructions to normal air flow.

Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm Combos

Smoke alarms that also detect carbon monoxide, should be placed on the ceiling.

Unlike smoke, carbon monoxide does not rise to the ceiling. It mixes with air. If a combination unit is used, one that detects smoke and carbon monoxide, it should be installed on the ceiling ensuring that smoke is detected.

Manufacturer's Instructions

Some carbon monoxide detectors have specific mounting height requirements.

Some carbon monoxide detectors monitor for other gases as well. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for placement at the correct height.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/facts_7191402_correct-height-carbon-monoxide-detector_.html

Guest Peter James

Story in the Telegraph about it, and saying John's Cross is selling them Narcotics Detectors at £99 each

The Royal College of Anesthetists talks about the gas they use to render someone unconscious whilst they cut their leg open or whatever, not to keep an already sleeping person asleep through the sound of people carefully moving around them. I still find these gassing allegations hard to believe though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11068184/New-spate-of-attacks-by-sleeping-gas-gang-caravanners-warned.html

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-09-01 9:55 PM

pelmetman - 2014-09-01 9:48 PM

Once removed from the source of carbon monoxide:

Breathing fresh air will decrease the unsafe carbon monoxide level in the blood stream by 50% within 4 to 5 hours, then another 50% every 4 to 5 hours after that until normal levels are reached.

;-)

But by the time they'd been taken to hospital and done all the messing about at least eight hours must have passed so the CO levels should have been more or less back to their normal cigarette smoker levels.

Must try harder! Still no reason from you as to why in thirty years there are no deaths, no dead dogs and no witnesses whatsoever.

I do hope that by morning you've thought up a good reason for these rather obvious contradictions to your silly theories.

So why didn't the hospital just say they were heavy smokers?.................and why did the frog plod say it was exhaust fumes? *-).....................you can Huff an Puff as much as you like Frank, but I'm inclined to believe even the DM would not make up 3 gas attack stories in 2 months ;-).............

Guest pelmetman
Peter James - 2014-09-01 10:07 PM

Story in the Telegraph about it, and saying John's Cross is selling them Narcotics Detectors at £99 each

The Royal College of Anesthetists talks about the gas they use to render someone unconscious whilst they cut their leg open or whatever, not to keep an already sleeping person asleep through the sound of people carefully moving around them. I still find these gassing allegations hard to believe though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11068184/New-spate-of-attacks-by-sleeping-gas-gang-caravanners-warned.html

WHAT!!!! 8-).................It's in the Telegraph 8-) 8-).................It must be all lies >:-(...........

That Tory rag will print any old cr*p *-)..............

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2014-09-01 10:14 PM

....It must be all lies >:-(...........

It must be true because Johns Cross are selling them gas detectors and the Caravan Club are advising them to only stay on Caravan Club sites *-)

Guest pelmetman
Peter James - 2014-09-01 10:36 PM

It must be true because Johns Cross are selling them gas detectors and the Caravan Club are advising them to only stay on Caravan Club sites *-)

99 quid 8-)..............Our CO alarm cost £15 from these people and it detects exhaust fumes :D.......

http://www.safelincs.co.uk/battery-operated-carbon-monoxide-detectors/?gclid=COjrmazzwcACFdMbtAoddzQAIg

pelmetman - 2014-09-02 7:27 AM

Peter James - 2014-09-01 10:36 PM

99 quid 8-)..............Our CO alarm cost £15 from these people and it detects exhaust fumes :D.......

http://www.safelincs.co.uk/battery-operated-carbon-monoxide-detectors/?gclid=COjrmazzwcACFdMbtAoddzQAIg

Dave.

You may also consider one the detectors sold by Had Enough.

I wish to put on record a testimonial plus my profound thanks to H.E for the remarkable efficiency of his marvellous anti-gassing bird cage which has saved us on many occasions, it is the best cage bar none.

Unfortunately on a recent trip to Huddersfield we stayed overnight on a lorry park on the M62, At about 4 AM I was awakened by Joey my budgie frantically and loudly ringing his bell.

I staggered dizzily to the cab area with a blinding headache (me not the cab area) to find Joey laying unconscious on the bottom of his cage, Despite frantic attempts at mouth to beak resuscitation I was unable to revive him. If only I had remembered to close the door to his cage, I will never forgive myself.

On looking around the van it became obvious that we had been gassed and robbed, my wife's silver tiara, gold necklace and £4000 pound in cash, a genuine signed painting of The Scream by Edvard Munch plus 20,000 cigarettes we had bought in Spain were taken.

I reported the incident to the police, who immediately arrested me for tobacco smuggling.

The officer also raised the point of why I carried a valuable painting with me, I explained that I had recently changed my CB motorhome for a van conversion and so no longer had wall space for my Monet collection, he seems satisfied.

Joey's funeral will take place on Sunday at the large holly bush at the bottom of the garden, next to his lifetime friend Goldie the hamster.

No flowers please, any donations to the RSPB. Thank you.

Guest Peter James
You should get a gas mask instead like Huff'n'Puff. Mind you, he had to cover his face with something because his mugshot was busting his cameras ;-)

Guest JudgeMental
pkc - 2014-09-02 8:56 AM

I wish to put on record a testimonial plus my profound thanks to H.E for the remarkable efficiency of his marvellous anti-gassing bird cage which has saved us on many occasions, it is the best cage bar none.

Unfortunately on a recent trip to Huddersfield we stayed overnight on a lorry park on the M62, At about 4 AM I was awakened by Joey my budgie frantically and loudly ringing his bell.

I staggered dizzily to the cab area with a blinding headache (me not the cab area) to find Joey laying unconscious on the bottom of his cage, Despite frantic attempts at mouth to beak resuscitation I was unable to revive him. If only I had remembered to close the door to his cage, I will never forgive myself.

On looking around the van it became obvious that we had been gassed and robbed, my wife's silver tiara, gold necklace and £4000 pound in cash, a genuine signed painting of The Scream by Edvard Munch plus 20,000 cigarettes we had bought in Spain were taken.

I reported the incident to the police, who immediately arrested me for tobacco smuggling.

The officer also raised the point of why I carried a valuable painting with me, I explained that I had recently changed my CB motorhome for a van conversion and so no longer had wall space for my Monet collection, he seems satisfied.

Joey's funeral will take place on Sunday at the large holly bush at the bottom of the garden, next to his lifetime friend Goldie the hamster.

I am so sad for you loss......thanks for sharing :-S

Guest Had Enough
pkc - 2014-09-02 8:56 AM

Thank you for the plug. My staff tell me that they're selling well since the Telegraph regurgitated the rubbish in the Daily Mail.

Believe it or not last week we shipped nine of the new portable electric fence systems. Clearly, many people are worried about gassing and not only in motorhomes.

You may remember the silly woman who'd been robbed of the thousands of pounds worth of jewelry and cash that she always takes on holiday? She reckons that these very clever thieves gassed the entire home through the letterbox!

Since this started I've realised that you can never go broke underestimating the sheer brainlessness and stupidity of many members of the public. I have therefore changed the name and aims of my Motorhome Perils' Team.

It will now be called the 'Gassing Protection Services' and will provide equipment to prevent gassing in cars, tents. motorhomes and houses up to 3000 square feet.

I expect to be very rich very soon. In the meantime the thread with my amazing budgie gassing cage has slipped down to page three. We still have lots of stock so please, do read about it here:

http://goo.gl/1vB6s6

Finally, I can't be bothered with all this Dragons' Den nonsense but if anyone wished to invest in a sure-fire business opportunity I am offering shares in Gassing Protection Systems PLC for a minimum investment of only £25,000.

If anyone has a problem raising the money why not consider selling your motorhome? It's obviously not safe to use it anymore and although in over thirty years gassing has never crossed the Channel, it surely can't be long before we're not even safe in the U.K.

Look at it this way - you may regret selling your campervan but I'm giving you the opportunity to become so rich that you'll soon be having holidays all over the world, flying first class and staying in the finest hotels. You know it makes sense!

Had Enough - 2014-09-02 10:06 AM

If anyone has a problem raising the money why not consider selling your motorhome?

That's assuming your motorhome is worth more than 2/6d and regrettably not everyone's is Frank.

I therefore wonder whether you have an equity release scheme in place so that loans could be taken against the value of trailers, awnings and other accessories which are sometimes worth more than the van itself so that impecunious owners with aspirations of great wealth can take advantage of your typically self sacrificing and generous offer.

nowtelse2do - 2014-09-02 8:45 PM

pelmetman - 2014-09-02 7:27 AM

Must be anoying with it on all day when traveling in Horace. :D :D

Coffin Dave

It's Sue that I feel so sorry for - having to travel with two dogs and farting Dave all the way to Spain and back at 35 mph - perhaps Sue could borrow a gas mask - anyone know if one is available?

Brambles - 2014-09-02 1:56 PM

"the C. & C. C. urged tourists to buy gas monitors",

Thats a new one on me...not read this in any of the stories printed in the papers.

Have you got a link or are these stories really growing arms and legs as they get repeated.

Daily Mail again, Monday I think.

rupert123 - 2014-09-03 2:14 PM

Brambles - 2014-09-02 1:56 PM

"the C. & C. C. urged tourists to buy gas monitors",

Thats a new one on me...not read this in any of the stories printed in the papers.

Have you got a link or are these stories really growing arms and legs as they get repeated.

Daily Mail again, Monday I think.

Richard Grimsdale, The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Travel Services Director, said: “Thousands of Club members travel to France every year and we have never had to deal with a gas related criminal issue. France is a motorhome and camping-friendly country that has a network of stopover locations specifically designed for camping units. In most cases they're run by local town councils offering a range of facilities, and are much different to those that line the Autoroute. As a Club, we’d advise that the safest option is to stay at official campsites en route to or returning from camping holidays abroad.The Club offers a network of selected campsites across Europe that can be pre-booked to make travelling safe and easy.

“Like in any country, we’d advise people to use their common sense and be observant, take sensible security precautions and not leave valuables on display.”

...nothing about gas detectors -- and was the Telegraph not Daily Mail although they also ran the story

It was Mathew Collins from Cross Motorhomes who has made reference to gas detectors......

Matthew Collins, manager at Johns Cross Motorcaravan and Camping Centre in East Sussex, said customers were now fitting their caravans with £99 narcotic gas detector and asking about safety measures.

“There are definitely more people asking about buying them as a result of the publicity. These detectors sound an alarm if thieves try to pipe ether gas into a caravan. It’s obviously a big concern for families.

“We’ve had customers telling us it happened to them in France and Spain. They should avoid overnight stays at motorway service stops and make sure their caravans look well-secured. Robbers tend to go for a caravan which looks like an easy target.”

Just do not want to get Pelvicman all excited he has the backing of the C&CC to add to his argument!

Archived