Results in Carboxyhemoglobin

But Carboxyhemoglobin has it's uses

Though not in respiration

Written on your insurance form

It's brilliant at compensation.

I fear this thread will never end

But will drag on at it's boring place

I remember Boyle's law taught at school

Gassing expands to fill the available space.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

Pull your self together

I don't care whether

Those rabid gas attack skeptics

Who resort to hackneyed rhetoric

To push their agenda

Upon those who will not surrender

So far from being blind

Some of us have an open mind B-)

pkc - 2014-08-27 7:16 AM

Brilliant effort PKC - well done

You obviously have a highly trained scientific mind so could you advise us yokels whether that means the longer the thread the higher the concentration of unsavoury gas proportionate to the non toxic emissions or is it just the overall volume of every type of gas that increases with the area of computer screen occupied by the posting?

Should we be concerned by this and take steps to avoid exposure to very long postings?

Conversely, regarding your reference to Robert Boyle and his theory that gas pressure drops as the volume expands, does that mean that in fact the opposite is true and longer postings are more safe due to a lower concentrations of noxious gases.

Talking of Boyles, there might be a few furuncles on here that are in need of treatment and I wonder if there is any known relief from their constant irritation please?

Thanks.

Guest Had Enough

How does having an open mind square with the declared statement (many times) of being an atheist?

Just asking you understand. *-)

Had Enough - 2014-08-27 9:24 AM

How does having an open mind square with the declared statement (many times) of being an atheist?

Interesting point Frank!

Does currently being an atheist preclude anyone from changing their mind and becoming a believer in whatever at some point in the future?

Maybe just as believers in any faith can lose their belief at any time atheism can also mean an open mind?

Perhaps it all depends on the weight of evidence presented?

pelmetman - 2014-08-27 9:16 AM

Pull your self together

I don't care whether

Those rabid gas attack skeptics

Who resort to hackneyed rhetoric

To push their agenda

Upon those who will not surrender

So far from being blind

Some of us have an open mind B-)

Nice.one, like it ;-)

Tracker - 2014-08-27 9:21 AM

pkc - 2014-08-27 7:16 AM

Brilliant effort PKC - well done

You obviously have a highly trained scientific mind so could you advise us yokels whether that means the longer the thread the higher the concentration of unsavoury gas proportionate to the non toxic emissions or is it just the overall volume of every type of gas that increases with the area of computer screen occupied by the posting?

Should we be concerned by this and take steps to avoid exposure to very long postings?

Conversely, regarding your reference to Robert Boyle and his theory that gas pressure drops as the volume expands, does that mean that in fact the opposite is true and longer postings are more safe due to a lower concentrations of noxious gases.

Talking of Boyles, there might be a few furuncles on here that are in need of treatment and I wonder if there is any known relief from their constant irritation please?

Thanks.

Thank you.

"Talking of Boyles, there might be a few furuncles on here that are in need of treatment and I wonder if there is any known relief from their constant irritation please? "

Not sure, will get back to you soon as I've done a spot analysis, could be quite a while, I'm in the thick of it here. Cheers.

Guest pelmetman

Sometimes one knows instinctively the when something is a myth ;-)..................especially when they had 2014 years to prove otherwise :D.............

pelmetman - 2014-08-27 11:15 AM

Sometimes one knows instinctively the when something is a myth ;-)..................especially when they had 2014 years to prove otherwise :D.............

I've not yet met an atheist who can prove his assertion that there is no god.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2014-08-27 9:27 PM

I've not yet met a God bod who can prove his assertion that there is a god ;-)............but I suspect with regard to proving gas attacks...................time is on my side :D...............

pelmetman - 2014-08-27 9:36 PM

malc d - 2014-08-27 9:27 PM

I've not yet met a God bod who can prove his assertion that there is a god ;-)............but I suspect with regard to proving gas attacks...................time is on my side :D...............

I'm just surprised Dave, that as the existence, or not, of a god, has not been proved either way, you don't have an open mind on the matter.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2014-08-27 9:43 PM

I'm just surprised Dave, that as the existence, or not, of a god, has not been proved either way, you don't have an open mind on the matter.

;-)

Don't need one Malc.......... as Darwin proved the origin of our species ;-)...............whether you Adam and Eve it or not is up to the individual :D................but like gassing, those folk with a closed mind can not accept the view of us heretics >:-)............

Guest Had Enough
malc d - 2014-08-27 9:43 PM

;-)

His open mind is a myth. He's like Goebbels and thinks that if you repeat a lie often enough people will think it's true. In truth, despite what he often claims about others he has an arrogance and and ego that's beyond belief.

His squirming on the existence of a God or some kind of supreme being is ample proof as are his other obsessions that he rams down our throats with every post. Only a fool can state that natural selection definitely disprove the existence of God. What the hell has one got to do with the other?

I have no idea if God exists. I have no problem with anyone who believes in God. That's their right and if religion and faith helps them in life they may be considered lucky. But anyone who claims that God definitely does not exist is either a fool or has an unshakable belief in their own superiority. In his case it appears to be both.

His typical trump card is 'You've had 2014 years to prove that God exists'. Well, his mob have had much longer to prove that he doesn't - where's the proof?

Despite his village idiot emoticon-riddled persona, this man is an arrogant fool. He is unable to work out why gassing is impossible and even if he could be convinced, he will never admit that he may have been wrong. He'll continue to spell sceptics wrongly because no is allowed to correct our Dave.

He has put a very big foot in a very big mouth by proclaiming at the same time that he has an open mind and that he's also an atheist. Watching his pathetic wriggling now as he tries to square the two is hilarious.

Guest JudgeMental
jeez........Can you lot just give it a rest...listen to yourselves. I shudder to think what new members looking in think. We need a post count limit, something like a max of 5 per thread for those who can't control themselves, that way maybe people will engage their brains before posting. Think before you drive springs to mind, please think long and hard before you post...this is not a chat room? You have no idea how foolish some of you appear........

Guest Had Enough
JudgeMental - 2014-08-28 8:20 AM

jeez........Can you lot just give it a rest...listen to yourselves. I shudder to think what new members looking in think. We need a post count limit, something like a max of 5 per thread for those who can't control themselves, that way maybe people will engage their brains before posting. Think before you drive springs to mind, please think long and hard before you post...this is not a chat room? You have no idea how foolish some of you appear........

Quite right. Time to move it to Chatterbox as it's about a myth anyway. I shall try not to respond to any more crud from you know who. Apologies.

Well said Edward totally agree ... I see at least he has made some sort of an apology for his latest name calling/insult post .. Like Edward says posts like that put others off ... Engage brain

Guest Had Enough
antony1969 - 2014-08-28 8:45 AM

Well said Edward totally agree ... I see at least he has made some sort of an apology for his latest name calling/insult post .. Like Edward says posts like that put others off ... Engage brain

Er, I don't think he meant just me. Engage brain!

*-) *-) *-)

1086318958_Stirringthepot!.jpg.eeb7f2eca8ca586cb6ea04e5d0335076.jpg

Had Enough - 2014-08-28 9:21 AM

antony1969 - 2014-08-28 8:45 AM

Er, I don't think he meant just me. Engage brain!

*-) *-) *-)

Er , maybe Edward did not but as usual you were the one throwing the insults ... The End

Guest Had Enough
antony1969 - 2014-08-28 10:11 AM

Er , maybe Edward did not but as usual you were the one throwing the insults ... The End

You're right and once more I apologise as Pelmet has never once insulted me. I fell deeply ashamed!

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

How's the pot doing? ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-08-28 7:37 AM

His open mind is a myth. He's like Goebbels and thinks that if you repeat a lie often enough people will think it's true. In truth, despite what he often claims about others he has an arrogance and and ego that's beyond belief.

Correction Frank.........and for clarification ;-).................I have an open mind with regard to the gas attacks, although in light of the most recent incident I find myself more inclined to believe some type of incapacitate is being used :-|........................With regard to religion I'm happy if folk find comfort from their beliefs, but talking snakes and apples do nothing for me :-S.............Which is why I'm an atheist and not an agnostic.

Talking snakes reminds me ;-)...................Your character assassination diatribes are becoming somewhat predictable *-).................Might I suggest if anyone suffers from arrogance and a over inflated ego its yourself >:-).........

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-08-28 5:27 PM

Talking snakes reminds me ;-)...................Your character assassination diatribes are becoming somewhat predictable *-).................Might I suggest if anyone suffers from arrogance and a over inflated ego its yourself >:-).........

First of all apologies to everyone else for continuing this nonsense but this idiot really needs to be told.

Character assassination? Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. Further up this thread you wrote: 'HE has spent too long as a demigod in his own universe surrounded by sycophants .................'. And that is mild compared to many of your slights.

You constantly refer to me in derogatory terms even in threads that I'm not in. Only a few days ago another of the more sensible members told you that you were doing yourself no favours and that this obsession diluted anything of value that you may have to contribute.

You are totally obsessed with me to the length that even in Chatterbox, where I never post, you constantly snipe at me. It really does feel as though I'm being stalked by you and whilst it's flattering in a way that I seem to have got so far under your skin, it's also a bit creepy. What was it that you told Onefoot the other day about even at five in the morning you log on to see what the 'camera salesman' is doing?

So do us all a favour. Only refer to me if I'm in the thread and it's relevant. Stop this 'my mate Frank' crap because I could never be your mate. I think that people like you, the idle and feckless, are what's ruining this country and you have the gall to moan constantly about immigrants who work twice as hard as you.

So this is a real plea from me to you. Please, please, stop this obsessive chasing of me. Stop this constant poking and prodding in almost every thread that you participate in and let's see if we can have a bit more peace.

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-08-28 6:51 PM

pelmetman - 2014-08-28 5:27 PM

First of all apologies to everyone else for continuing this nonsense but this idiot really needs to be told.

Character assassination? Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. Further up this thread you wrote: 'HE has spent too long as a demigod in his own universe surrounded by sycophants .................'. And that is mild compared to many of your slights.

You constantly refer to me in derogatory terms even in threads that I'm not in. Only a few days ago another of the more sensible members told you that you were doing yourself no favours and that this obsession diluted anything of value that you may have to contribute.

You are totally obsessed with me to the length that even in Chatterbox, where I never post, you constantly snipe at me. It really does feel as though I'm being stalked by you and whilst it's flattering in a way that I seem to have got so far under your skin, it's also a bit creepy. What was it that you told Onefoot the other day about even at five in the morning you log on to see what the 'camera salesman' is doing?

So do us all a favour. Only refer to me if I'm in the thread and it's relevant. Stop this 'my mate Frank' crap because I could never be your mate. I think that people like you, the idle and feckless, are what's ruining this country and you have the gall to moan constantly about immigrants who work twice as hard as you.

So this is a real plea from me to you. Please, please, stop this obsessive chasing of me. Stop this constant poking and prodding in almost every thread that you participate in and let's see if we can have a bit more peace.

Sorry Frank ;-)..............

I cant resist poking your great pompous ego...............Your just a camera salesman................get over yourself *-).............

Had Enough - 2014-08-26 9:58 AM..................Finally, I rate these scare stories in a similar category to gassing. People are put off from using a valuable and convenient asset by scare stories that have little credence. The police may well warn people about the dangers of stopping on motorway aires but of course they will, and they're more concerned about the major service aires where many vehicles are left unattended.

I take a scare story to be one that is told, frequently inflated, with the sole intention of scaring or unsettling people. I don't think either the stories of gassing, or those of motorway robbery, should be placed in the "scare story" category. The intention seems to me to advise people of avoidable risks.

Even the gassing stories, incredible as I find them, seem to me intended to alert others to a danger that the victims percieve, and believe. No doubt some are embroidered to cover embarrasment following unwise behaviour, and others may well be calculated to garner sympathy in support of a fundamentally weak insurance claim. In the hands of the "red tops" they become scare stories, but that is the style of the "red tops". I would be less inclined to blame the victims for the lurid reporting - than I would for their choice of newspaper! :-)

However, if one removes the gassing element, one is left with robbery. Whether or not the victims were gassed, all claim to have been robbed. There may well be a few among those claims that are fraudulent, but all of them? Besides which, there are more reports of robbery than of gassing, and at least the robbery reports generally have some credence.

You and I both choose to accept the risks in staying in certain locations. I assess the risk on arrival, and won't stay if I am uncomfortable. Doubtless, you do the same. However, I would not recommend to anyone that they stay at the Chartres site, and when I have told others about it, I have mentioned the reports of robbery at the same time. They can then make their own decision.

If one chooses to discount a risk because one considers its likelihood negligible, or its impact of no consequence, it does not remove the risk; it is just one's way of rationalising one's acceptance of it.

So, on balance, I think it preferable to repeat the warnings. The problem with poo-pooing the risk is that one might mislead someone else into getting robbed. I'd hate to think someone got robbed because I'd said the stories of robbery at Chartres are mere myth, leading them into proving me wrong! So, as a general principle, with overnighting on autoroute aires. I think one should give the health warning, and leave others to decide how they wish to react.

Opportunist thieves may be anywhere, at any time, but they are not everywhere all the time. Extrapolating from one's personal experience of not having been robbed, to saying there is no risk of robbery, fools only one's self. As with the mythic man who plummeted earthward from the roof of the Empire State building, this is just a case of "so far so good"! :-)

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-08-28 7:02 PM

Sorry Frank ;-)..............

I cant resist poking your great pompous ego...............Your just a camera salesman................get over yourself *-).............

And there we have it, you can't resist. And as for ego and arrogance I think that the 'open mind' that you boast about so often has just been shown to be as closed as anyone's.

Oh, and I haven't sold a camera for thirty years. I'm a small businessman who runs a business and employs others to sell the stuff. Not that that will stop you from using the term at least once a day.

But I ask you again for all our sakes. Try to resist prodding me. Stop stalking me and try to get over the obsession.

Everyone will, I'm sure, be grateful as it's not only boring but it's deliberately done to cause strife.

Just see if you can go a couple of days without mentioning me. It will get easier after that.

Archived