Whats happened to this forum

Guest Peter James

Guest Peter James

Isn't it time for another good old Italian style row and mud slinging contest to liven things up a bit. ;-)

Even Frank Wilkinson doesn't respond to a prod anymore, and other old duffers like Clive H seem to have given up on the place altogether ....

Peter James - 2014-08-24 11:12 AM

Isn't it time for another good old Italian style row and mud slinging contest to liven things up a bit. ;-)

Even Frank Wilkinson doesn't respond to a prod anymore, and other old duffers like Clive H seem to have given up on the place altogether ....

The two 'gas attacks' threads surely generated enough heat, even for you Peter! AND -- did bring Frank into it. As for Clive ( who shouild never have been on a motorhome and caravan forum anyway -- he doesn't own a motorhome and the only caravan he had was a 'static') I think that he finally got banned. At least we dont have to put up with his anti-climate-change rants or love poems to Land Rovers anymore!

Other 'duffers' (your word, not mine) such as (possibly) Dave225 and Roger C, do seen to have 'sloped off'

as would Syd, Howie and nowtelsetodo -- shame.

Cheers,

Colin.

Guest JudgeMental

Syd still around talk to him frequently and meet up occasionally...Lovely fella (for a northerner:-D)

whats happened to this forum? Well.....maybe its something to do with infantile members posting off topic threads, totally unrelated to motorhoming/travel

I think a lot of members are put off from contributing more through fear of receiving a bashing or insult if another member disagrees with the view they put forward ... Life would be very boring if we all agreed on the same things but one or two of the old time regulars seem to think in my opinion there view is the only view

JudgeMental - 2014-08-24 11:53 AM

Syd still around talk to him frequently and meet up occasionally...Lovely fella (for a northerner:-D)

That's good to hear, Eddie, I fully concur with your verdict on him -- although I have never met him -- I hope he's still enjoying his late-flowering discovery of the joys of classical music!

Cheers ( and salutations Syd, if you read this),

Colin.

Guest pelmetman
Symbol Owner - 2014-08-24 11:35 AM

Peter James - 2014-08-24 11:12 AM

The two 'gas attacks' threads surely generated enough heat, even for you Peter! AND -- did bring Frank into it. As for Clive ( who shouild never have been on a motorhome and caravan forum anyway -- he doesn't own a motorhome and the only caravan he had was a 'static') I think that he finally got banned. At least we dont have to put up with his anti-climate-change rants or love poems to Land Rovers anymore!

Other 'duffers' (your word, not mine) such as (possibly) Dave225 and Roger C, do seen to have 'sloped off'

as would Syd, Howie and nowtelsetodo -- shame.

Cheers,

Colin.

I doubt Clive was banned as his profile is still showing ;-)................As for the others I guess its a possibility they could be away in their campers? :D...............

We'll be touring Dordogneshire for a month soon so you'll have to do without my sparkling repartee :->...........

I know you'll all miss me..........especially my mate Frank(lol) (lol) (lol).............

pelmetman - 2014-08-24 1:38 PM

We'll be touring Dordogneshire for a month soon so you'll have to do without my sparkling repartee

Mine too -- w'ere off to Suffolk (shire) & Norfolk(shire) for a week or two.

The Dordogne is a great place -- haven't been there in the 'van, but did a 'gastronomic walk' with a firm called 'Headwater' a few years ago -- they transport your baggage between hotels while you take a pleasant meandering stroll through the French countryside eating the wonderful perigord cuisine at different hotels/restaurants, drinking the wines of Bergerac, Cahors, etc., not to mention Montbazillac & Armanac!

Enjoy Dave! (and Sue)

Cheers! (no, I am not -- and never have been -- Joe 90!)

Colin.

It's always interesting to see just who pops up to defend themselves on a thread like this.

I disagree about the loss of CliveH. Every member lost is a sad event, and there have been far too many leave in recent years, especially when they are driven off by the actions of others and Clive's postings were no more out of context than many others and in may instances were informative and worth a read in my view.

I do agree with Antony that far too many have left for fear of being pilloried and bullied for having a differing view and far too many sit on the side lines also afraid to ask a question for fear it will be branded foolish.

It's true, some questions asked are pretty basic for those of us with some experience and easy enough to resolve, no question is ever foolish if you don't know the answer and we all had to start from zero once.

So come on all you newbies and oldbies do please come on in and get involved as the water is warm an there are not too many sharks!

Tracker - 2014-08-24 5:32 PMIt's always interesting to see just who pops up to defend themselves on a thread like this.I disagree about the loss of CliveH. Every member lost is a sad event, and there have been far too many leave in recent years, especially when they are driven off by the actions of others and Clive's postings were no more out of context than many others and in may instances were informative and worth a read in my view.I do agree with Antony that far too many have left for fear of being pilloried and bullied for having a differing view and far too many sit on the side lines also afraid to ask a question for fear it will be branded foolish. It's true, some questions asked are pretty basic for those of us with some experience and easy enough to resolve, no question is ever foolish if you don't know the answer and we all had to start from zero once.So come on all you newbies and oldbies do please come on in and get involved as the water is warm an there are not too many sharks!

Of course I may be wrong (possibly) but surely one of the uses for a forum such as 'motorhome matters' is for the more experienced members to give 'newbies' the benefit of their experience? 

Madmaggott - 2014-08-24 6:26 PMOf course I may be wrong (possibly) but surely one of the uses for a forum such as 'motorhome matters' is for the more experienced members to give 'newbies' the benefit of their experience? 

Almost right Jacky (sounds better than not quite right or partly wrong dunnit!).As I understand it, it is PRIME raison d'etre for Motorhome Matters - although you would hardly know that at times!!Good job some of us can still appreciate tongue in cheek irony and scepticism when it arrives and it's always good to have a smile!

Guest Had Enough
Tracker - 2014-08-24 7:04 PM

Good job some of us can still appreciate tongue in cheek irony and scepticism when it arrives and it's always good to have a smile!

441056174_Whodoeshethinkheskidding.jpg.a387a7e19078e11e85a67d5517dc6875.jpg

Guest Had Enough
peter - 2014-08-25 12:08 AM

Exactly Frank. At least two of us see through the bullsh1t. :D

You've misunderstood me Peter. It was only a bit of frivolity. If you read page two of the latest Pelmet Gasbag thread you will see that quite a few people think like you about Tracker, but not me.

I'm just having a bit of fun, which is what this forum needs more of apparently.

There's no right or wrong way as you know, just different. ;-)

Guest pelmetman

Us earthlings use toilets the other way around Frank 8-)................

But there again based on the content your usual outpourings.............for you that is probably the correct method ;-)............

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-08-25 8:15 AM

Us earthlings use toilets the other way around Frank 8-)................

But there again based on the content your usual outpourings.............for you that is probably the correct method ;-)............

Look on the bright side. I found what appeared to be your brain matter from when you opened your mind so much that it all fell out. It was very small though but appeared to be the same composition as the usual stuff that one finds in such places.

And shouldn't that be 'flat-earthlings'? *-)

I know you'll want the last word as you always do, but if it's OK I won't be having another mind-numbing debate with you. I get more sense from my goldfish. Cheerio.

Guest Peter James

As for Clive ( who shouild never have been on a motorhome and caravan forum anyway -- he doesn't own a motorhome and the only caravan he had was a 'static') I think that he finally got banned.

Clive tries to sell financial services, (on a motorhome forum presumably because it was easier than on a financial forum) so had to say he was interested in motorhomes.

The last I saw from Clive was when Frank demanded proof that Clive had personally paid their £1,000 bet he lost to charity?

Unlessz I am missing something here (which is possible because I don't read every post and have not read the latest gassing thread) then Frank has seen Clive off?

antony1969 - 2014-08-24 12:10 PM

I think a lot of members are put off from contributing more through fear of receiving a bashing or insult if another member disagrees with the view they put forward ... Life would be very boring if we all agreed on the same things but one or two of the old time regulars seem to think in my opinion there view is the only view

Will I get a bashing or insult if I agree as I've been told to "Butt out" just the other day for taking a different but polite view.....Merry Christmas

Guest pelmetman
Peter James - 2014-08-25 10:14 AM

As for Clive ( who shouild never have been on a motorhome and caravan forum anyway -- he doesn't own a motorhome and the only caravan he had was a 'static') I think that he finally got banned.

Clive tries to sell financial services, (on a motorhome forum presumably because it was easier than on a financial forum) so had to say he was interested in motorhomes.

The last I saw from Clive was when Frank demanded proof that Clive had personally paid their £1,000 bet he lost to charity?

Unlessz I am missing something here (which is possible because I don't read every post and have not read the latest gassing thread) then Frank has seen Clive off?

I'm not aware that Clive used the forum to sell anything? :-S..............Although he did give "Free" advice to many, me included ;-).................

If indeed HE has seen Clive off as you put it.................That would be entirely in line with Franks declared agenda when he rejoined :-|...............

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2014-08-25 10:48 AM

I'm not aware that Clive used the forum to sell anything?

Well, Clive certainly made a lot of references to the 'financial services' he sold.

Currently parked up in Newquay for the traditional August Bank Holiday Washout :-(

With nothing better to do I have just read the latest gassing thread which I find quite depressing - how has everyone managed to have such a row without my help :-(

But at least the rain has just stopped so will go out and see if I can start a row somewhere else ;-)

Guest JudgeMental
peter - 2014-08-25 12:08 AM

Exactly Frank. At least two of us see through the bullsh1t. :D

We are far from alone Peter.....

Frank, projectile vomiting would have been a far more appropriate image, 8/10 :-D

Archived