Betws y coed

lazarus

Hi all

we love going to Betws for weekends it seems to have it,all fair selection of shops for her to wander round plenty of walking for me and the dogs,very picturesque lots of fishing spots and with the railway, days out are Llandudno or Porthmadog and as we live on the wirral it's only an hour and half away, but I feel like a change so can anyone suggest a similar place to visit in England about an hour and half from west kirby thanks Lazarus

The peak district ,theres Bakewell buxton,Ashbourne,Matlock,etc railway at Darly Dale,chatsworth house all within a few miles of each other.Also loads of walks

Baz

ps plus there all thers the dales,lathkill dale etc.Three off road bike trails.We love it and enjoy short breaks

there all the time.

The peak district ,theres Bakewell buxton,Ashbourne,Matlock,etc railway at Darly Dale,chatsworth house all within a few miles of each other.Also loads of walks

Baz

ps plus there all thers the dales,lathkill dale etc.Three off road bike trails.We love it and enjoy short breaks

there all the time.

I also live on Wirral and the advantage is that within 2 hours travelling you can be in the Lakes,Peaks as well as North Wales. Work out distance comfortably travelled in 2 hours and create a radius from your home location,you would be surprised where you can end up,even the Midlands (Shropshire) and Ironbridge are doable.

Seems like every motorhomer from the Wirral is going to reply ...

If I was to pick three places good for shopping and dog walking, I'd go for Bridgnorth, Bakewell, and Hebden Bridge.

Yorkshire Dales {Skipton and Grassington], Shropshire - Bridgnorth & Kidderminster, Shrewsbury for the River Severn, Wenlock Edge and the Wrekin, Ironbridge and other such museums. The Dark Peak [North Derbyshire] perhaps starting at Buxton or Hayfield where they filmed The Village and perhaps the Longdendale Valley - not so good for shopping although Buxton is passable.

We've always liked Central Wales, probably more like two hours to get down there, and the Welsh Marches. No shops.

Blackpool and Morecambe Bay for the seaside although the former only attracts us for the Illuminations and the latter for day trips.

Trough of Bowland such as Clitheroe although we find the roads a little tight in the Trough itself. Basic shopping.

If you like steam railways, Keighley & Worth Valley with a stop at Haworth and the Severn Valley. East Lancs is at Bury which has a good market.

Bolton has good shops and the industrial landscape from Bolton northwards is overwhelmed by stunning moorlands if you can see them in the rain.

Archived