ACSI books all sold out

Gudruns mam

Help.

Vicarious books have sold out all of their ACSI book/card supplies.

Is it legal/ethical/just o.k. for me to ask members to sell me their copy of the 2014 guide if they no longer need it?

We are going to France in mid-September.

Is there another supplier? I cannot find one so it's probably just too late in the year for me to buy one.

Thanks.

Go on to the Caravan Club website . It states that it still has books available.

The card which you hand over at the site has to be filled in with the owners' personal details, including passport number.

As you probably realize, if you think you will require an ACSI book/card it is worth buying one early. Some suppliers sell out by May!

There are no ACSI books 2014 left I have tried all over even the ACSI ste has sold out of English language ones, I have ordered one in Dutch as the address and names of sites will be understandable sat nav co ordinates will be the same.

It is no good getting a book from a friend as the membership card will have thefe name on and will not match your Passport.

David

I have not signed my ACSI card,( never have)and I always stick a sticky name and address label on the back, so it could be transfered, if need be. Never had a problem with it at sites.

Sorry guys we are of on Wednesday , so it is not available!

Worth getting the book ordered early. Vicarious always send e-mail when they will be available, so you can order early Often with a discount as well.

Looks like Spain is going to be busy, as I noticed the BF ferry to Spain is fully booked for the begging of September

With this change in our weather , you can see why , we are all off to sunny clims!

PJay

Gudrun's mam - 2014-08-25 2:53 PM

Help.Vicarious books have sold out all of their ACSI book/card supplies.

Is it legal/ethical/just o.k. for me to ask members to sell me their copy of the 2014 guide if they no longer need it?

Perfectly legal. :D

I must admit the first (and last) ACSI guide book i bought, i was so disappointed with it, i immediately offered it for sale at half price.....but nobody was interested. I then tried to give it away which also failed.......so it went in the bin.

Excellent value for money as you only need a few days on a site to recover the cost. Ordered mine early through the CCC to ensure receiving.

We stayed on Camping Javea which is a lovely site in an excellent position with spotless fascilities Direct to the site was approx €20 but only €16 with ACSI card so easily recover cost of card

Interested to read the ACSI books can be purchased abroad from outlets. We leave next month and as we will be moving reqularly we are going to struggle with ordering the 2015 edition to be delivered to us.

We will be in Spain end of December and South of France early January, would anyone be able to advise of outlets we could purchase an ACSI book and card from?

many thanks in advance

Guest JudgeMental
I think it's overrated, as off season campsites are not expensive. And a lot of sites stretch the main seasons so book useless on shoulder months. But like SS says only takes a few nights on some sites to get your money back. I always just leave card in book have only been asked to fil it in once (refused). Site we like in Spain, if you stay for a few weeks ACSI rate way more expensive, so always check before using book.....

Hi Dora ex, the acsi books are available at most Masters camping car retail outlets, and several others, I think also at some Narbonne accesories outlets, I have seen them, not taken any notice of price as I order direct from acsi, they notify by email so I dont forget. And by the way, I haven't signed my card this year and nobody has mentioned the fact.

JudgeMental - 2014-08-26 8:01 AM

I think it's overrated, as off season campsites are not expensive. And a lot of sites stretch the main seasons so book useless on shoulder months. But like SS says only takes a few nights on some sites to get your money back. I always just leave card in book have only been asked to fil it in once (refused). Site we like in Spain, if you stay for a few weeks ACSI rate way more expensive, so always check before using book.....

Couldn't agree more (bib) and i also found exactly the same when i flashed my card, many sites just laughed and told me "the charges are less without the card."

For me personally, the DVD is way way more useful than the Guide, comes with full mapping, not to mention listing every ACSI site (the book doesn't).

An ACSI Inspector i'd met on a site in Germany sold me a current issue DVD for just €5! :-D

That's the reason my book ended up in the bin after just three months when i couldn't even give it away!! *-)

Can only say having only once bought the guide I was surprised to see the gate price of some sites were more or less the same, and on one occasion somewhat less ! !

If you don't want or need the facilities some of these commercial sites offer we find the municipals of which there are numerous all over France far more cost effective, a pop in to the local tourist information office will get you that information.................how is it the French manage a TI in even the smallest villages more often than not ?

Guest Had Enough

We've just left a site in Lake Annecy http://www.campinglesolitaire.com/en/fees.html

Until August 16th we were paying €28 per night. On the 16th it dropped to the ACSI price of €16. The non ACSI price is €23.20 and even more if you have a dog.

We are currently on a muni which is €23.20 per night. In a few hours we'll be on another site 150 miles north of here. That's an ACSI site and it's €14.

Some people will always find the negative aspect of everything. I have never found an ACSI site that charges less than the recommended ACSI fee. Of course if you don't want EHU the non-ACSI price can be slightly less but that's not comparing like with like.

So in our experience of ACSI it can pay for itself in a couple of nights. Yes, some sites' ordinary prices may be close to the ACSI fee but many are very much higher.

People giving a view that differs from your own is not finding the negative at all.........it's just giving a view of their experience..............my view of someone supposedly on tour that is constantly logging on this site day and night to spread their joy is pretty negative, but I doubt you'd see that point of view either !

Guest Had Enough
Joe90 - 2014-08-27 8:48 AM

People giving a view that differs from your own is not finding the negative at all.........it's just giving a view of their experience..............my view of someone supposedly on tour that is constantly logging on this site day and night to spread their joy is pretty negative, but I doubt you'd see that point of view either !

You're steadily reverting to Onefoot mode! ;-)

Anyway. These sites whose gate prices are less than ACSI, which ones are they? Most sites have a website these days and we can check how much cheaper they are.

I do find these tales to be very dodgy though. The whole point of ACSI is to give its members a lower price than normal and if sites were then making the scheme look silly they wouldn't be in it for long.

And where's the commercial advantage? Why price your ACSI fee at €16 and then, when people arrive who are happy to pay this, you charge them less.

What sites would do is use the lower ACSI prices (as low as €11) which would attract even more customers in the slow season.

So I do hope that the people coming up with these tales can provide a link to a site whose gate prices are lower (including EHU) than ACSI. But I won't hold my breath.

I've just noticed my invoice for three nights at the muni at Chatillon sur Chalaronne. Guess what? If you have an ACSI card or a CCI card you get 10% discount.

ACSI has just saved me nearly €9 on a site that's not even in the book, although it is ACSI inspected.

And when I log on is nothing to do with you, unless of course you delight in finding something negative about everyone, which seems to be your modus operandi since you came back.

Anyway, I await with baited breath for some examples of sites with lower gate prices than ACSI. Bring it on!

If you read my post properly I said on ONE occasion we stopped at a site that the gate price was cheaper than the ACSI rate, that may have been an error on ACSIs part, or the site, who knows,................. I went on to say some were more or less the same as the ACSI price, that was just OUR experience.

however.the main thrust of my post to the person asking the question about the non availability of the ACSI book/card for them was in case they were "new" to touring in France was to seek out municipal sites as they offer great value if you do't need all the bells and whistles of the commercial sites.

Enjoy your day, no doubt once again the majority of which will be posting on here lol.

We boiught an ASCI book/card last year, went to France in May and September but never used the ASCI Card once, so I haven't bothered this year.

I suppose if you use sites a lot it would be worthwhile but with the combination of sites and aires we used it just never worked out being any use. None of the sites we chose accepted ASCI cards for a discount.

Schemes like ASCI are valuable to site owners only if they attract extra campers during low season, which for some sites they presumably do. But lotsof site owners clearly don't think ASCI is worthwhile and there seem to be plenty which are as cheap or cheaper than the ASCI "discounted" prices anyway.

His 'touring' schedule is so 'hectic' and 'busy' he's found the time to now bang up a thread of praise to ACSI indulging in a bit of brown nosing.

Hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic. *-)

Guest Had Enough
Bulletguy - 2014-08-27 7:07 PM

His 'touring' schedule is so 'hectic' and 'busy' he's found the time to now bang up a thread of praise to ACSI indulging in a bit of brown nosing.

Hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic. *-)

What a nasty piece of work you can be. We don't have a hectic touring schedule. We decided that this would be a relaxing holiday spending a few days in several different places, not that how I spend my time is anything to do with you.

But let's have the names of all these sites whose gate rate is cheaper than ACSI. Most sites these days have a website so it will be easy to check.

But I won't be holding my breath as I'm convinced that it's just another provocation post typical of Bullsh*tguy.

Gudrun's mam - 2014-08-28 11:27 AM

Thanks Sam.

We are in the Tyne Valley and our favourite trips are Melrose an Peebles - but anywhere 'Borderish' really. Please e-mail me your details and I'll get in touch.

Imeldmeldaa Fenwick.

Thanks for saving our bacon.

Please edit and remove email address

Archived