Fitting a Solar Panel? Read this First.

Guest peter

I'm glad I found this site. It will save me damaging my Schaudt Electroblock.

It contains a wealth if valuable info' on fitting panels.

http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/solar-power.php

If you've had one fitted by a non main dealer check your installation out as well. All the info' is there.

Read the whole article, as it contains some info' I was not aware of especially regarding a Battery Master and Solar Panels.

They are also agents for schaudt and most of the other well know M'H chargers/control boxes.

We are all doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed.

My panel is 10 years old and has been fit and forget for all that time and we have never had a flat battery except when there was a foot of snow on it for five weeks when in storage.

Not only are we all doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed, but we are all going to DIE!!!!!!!!!

Just spent nine weeks touring using an ordinary domestic 700w microwave and a 700w toaster regularly without any problems. Even in bad weather in Scotland my 150w panel recharged the auxiliary battery during the day. Eggselent.

Electric bike worked fine (note Judgemental).

Refillable gas bottle worked well but, be warned, there is no LPG in Orkney and a single supplier in Shetland.

I am sooooooo glad i have a 10yr old MH. About to install a Bosch 100w panel and MPPT regulator (for around £165 mostly off Ebay) and dont have to go via any clever "Electroblocks"

Just waiting for it to stop p!!sing down.

Remind me again why I am off to Spain for the winter? :-D

Archived