french vets

tazdog6007

mac111051 - 2014-08-30 6:35 PM

Hope this helps, click on each icon for information

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=216299106928857255558.0004bd8ff3820998298a2&msa=0&dg=feature

I think this map may be out of date as the vet who used to run the clinic in Pont-de-l'Arche moved two or three years ago - whereabouts now unknown. Another firm has taken over the clinic and I think they charge over €35 for the passport service.

We have used two, one at Marquise and the other at Mouzon both of these are very reasonable, for the 2 dogs taking our own Drontal was about 28euro, the Mouzon Vet has a practice at Stenay as well , its just outside the town. Both I have managed to phone up and book even though my French is practically non existent.

tazdog6007 - 2014-08-30 5:53 PM

can anyone suggest a reasonably priced vet,to get the mutt sorted to return.even mid france is o.k as you get longer now.going as least as far as provence,spain so plenty of scope.thanks anyone :-D

There are loads all over the place, my advice is stay away from the channel ports, vets there seem to operate a pricing cartel. The further south usually cheaper, but not always.

With 5 days or 120 hrs you could be in Spain and get your dog done there where its almost guaranteed to be cheaper than frogland.

Patricia - 2014-08-31 3:00 PM

Hoping to visit this one this year. Trust it will be the same price as the name of the clinic has changed.

Has it changed?

The website looks the same to me with all the same photos and the same address?

You could email them and ask the price as they always responded to my emails when we used to pre book for the day before the ferry.

Poor old Rosie died late last year so we have not been back this year and unless we get another mutt - has to be a border collie though - anything else is just a dog!

We went to one in Bedoin (bottom of Mt Ventoux) a few days ago. He gave us a prescription for the worm treatment which we got at the local chemist for 8 euros, and the vet didn't charge anything at all for the paperwork.

We were pleasantly surprised, to say the least :-D

So sorry to hear about Rosie and hope that you find another collie just like her. I looked the vet up on pagesjaune.fr hoping to print a map (no luck!) and this is what it says:

Clinique Vétérinaire Souchard Louché Cadudal + détails

vétérinaires

41 av Quakenbrück

61000 ALENCON

Plan

Itinéraire

Same address but different name.

Edited: Sorry Rich but Hughman got in first AND wasn't he lucky!!

Archived