Waeco fridge install

wints

I had a thread running re: compressor fridge........after plenty of advice I'm choosing the Waeco 12v 110 litre compressor fridge.

Quote [Looking like I'll order & fit the Waeco 110 litre.

I'll start another thread with Waeco more prominently displayed in the title as I'd like to know the best position to place the inline fuse. Next to the leisure battery will be the easiest, but will this introduce an immediate voltage drop in the rest of the 3 metre long cables to the fridge ?

Allen] Quote

As above I'm looking for the best position for the in-line fuse, close to the battery, as per Waeco's sketch diagram in the installation details (although they don't specify a distance / measurement), or closer to the fridge.

I want to avoid any obvious voltage drop over the length of the cables, my thinking is that a fuse near the battery will throttle the cable diameter straight away. Am I right or wrong ?

Any other pointers prior to installation ?

regards

Allen

It doesn't matter 'electrically' where the fuse is but fuses are for safety so fitting it as near the current source as possible is the best advice.

As for the cable size, there is a chart with the Waeco installation instructions showing the size against the cable run length. When considering the cable run length you should include the earth (-ve) cable as well from fridge to chassis connection.

Rod

Archived