Hymer Exsis heating vents

Abcheetham

HerbieHymer is a 2008 A class and the heating works fine except that two vents under the dinette don't expel hot air. The cabinet all around them is warm so something's stopping them expelling air and I can't for the life of me work out what it is. The other habitation vents work fine. Does anyone have any idea?

The pipe has probably dropped of the back of the connector or outlet. If it is 2 vents in the same box the first one will have a "T" connector feeding through to the 2nd vent. Usually the pipe is secured with a single self tapper into the connector. Get your screwdriver out and take the top or front of the box off, then it will be obvious what has come adrift.

Or the air-trunking leading to the vents has collapsed (or been crushed as was the case with my Hobby).

It’s far more likely though that lennyhb’s diagnosis is correct and that an air-trunk is disconnected. Assuming that the arrangement is as he describes - with a single air-trunk feeding both outlets in series - as the under-dinette cabinet is getting hot but no hot air is emerging from either outlet, the disconnection would probably be before the first outlet in the series. Presumably each vent has a ‘butterfly flap’ in it and these are fully open?

I’m not suggesting this as a possibility in this instance, but I remember a pal buying a MGA car in the 1960s and not being able to get the heater to work. Once the operation of the heater-fan’s switch had been established and it had been proven that the fan was functional, it was assumed that things were fine. On his next mid-winter freezing-weather trip he found that no hot air was coming from the heater vents despite the fan clearly running. Much head-scrathing and the air-trunk that fed air from the front of the car to the heater was finally removed and its interior checked for a blockage. The air-trunk was crammed with debris as, sometime in the past, a mouse had built its nest there.

Guest JudgeMental
If is not a disconnected pipe, probably the boiler struggling to deliver warm air to front. Try closing all the other vents and see if that improves the situation. if it does, just open the others bit by bit and try to balance the delivery a bit....

Archived