Garden Festival Chaumont sur Loire

Tracker

Guest pelmetman
rupert123 - 2014-09-05 5:18 PM

Blimey you lot led exciting lives. Drive to France and worry about visiting a garden centre or like the Pelmet have such a good time you spend most of it on here.

Spot on Henry ;-)..................That's the advantage of the tinternet.........I can be anywhere but still get my Stockholm syndrome fix :D..........

Guest pelmetman
robertandjean - 2014-09-06 7:53 PM

pelmetman - 2014-09-05 2:00 PM

Alternatively 30 mins South of Blois there is a free aire at Ange where we are now with free leccy and wifi ;-).............Decided to stay another night, just had a 3 course meal in a bistro across the road €34 including 2 pitchers of wine a small beer and coffees..........and the best rare steak I've had in months B-).............

So for the price of 2 nights on a CC site without facilities, we've had comparable but with a 3 course meal thrown in for free.................Whats not to like B-)................

Spot on Dave, this is a great aire and bistro. Try also the wine from the local grower at end of village really nice and not too expensive. Have been a few times to aire, last time in summer a couple of years ago, and never found it as busy as Derrick describes, maybe because extra space now available. Hope to be back in a few weeks time on our way south to wine festival at Banylus sur mer.

Walked to the wine shop to, looking for the bag et shop..............Sue went in whilst I stayed outside with the pooches looking at their classic H Citroen van B-)............She asked in her best Franglais..........do you sell Pain?............He picked up a pen?...........then burst out laughing...................and in perfect English sent us back down the road to the bag et shop :D..................Just goes to show even the French have a sense of humour 8-).................

Parked up in the top car park at the moment dinner on. No signs to say you you can't overnight.

Got a good wifi connection with my long range aerial.

Been a pleasant 30 deg today, now 27deg at 8 pm, Fant-Tastic Vent option w e had on the van earning it's keep.

After visiting the gardens in the morning will head south for the warmer weather.

Archived