Teruel, Spain

Boo King

I am interested in spending a few days in or around Teruel in Aragon, Spain, next summer. I can find no information on campsites in or near the city, or on whether we will be able to park our motorhome in or near the city. I did read an article in MMM where the writer mentioned they parked near the station, but I can't find out if that is likely to be possible or easy for us. Any information would be useful, thanks!

Hi,

We also visited Teruel recently and parked in a car park on Ctra Villaspesa just south of the main station. Admittedly it was on a Sunday morning so very quiet with plenty of space. An interesting place. We also stayed at the campsite at Alberracin but it's about 40km away. We didn't find a campsite near the city.

Steve

If your van is small enough, then there is parking in the car park in Albaraccin itself, (there were several vans parked over night) but I don't know if it's legal. We used the campsite and walked in to town, loved the site, but scratched the van on a rock, reversing into our slot!! Lesson learned, but the site is well maintained with good facilities.

flyboyprowler - 2014-09-07 9:08 AM

If your van is small enough, then there is parking in the car park in Albaraccin itself, (there were several vans parked over night) but I don't know if it's legal. We used the campsite and walked in to town, loved the site, but scratched the van on a rock, reversing into our slot!! Lesson learned, but the site is well maintained with good facilities.

As long as you just park it is legal on most roads in Spain

INSTRUCTION 08/V-74 FROM THE SPANISH DIRECTOR GENERAL OF TRAFFIC RELATIVE TO MOTORHOMES

MINISTRY OF INTERIOR

Subject: Motorhomes

Instruction 08/V-74

Motorhome users are permitted to carry out manoeuvres of stopping and parking in the same conditions and with the same limitations as any other vehicle.

The General Traffic Regulations do not establish any other conditions for stopping or parking a vehicle, so, therefore, this General Directorate of Traffic believes that while any vehicle is parked properly, without exceeding markings on the delimitation of the parking space, nor exceeds the time permitted, if any, it is irrelevant whether the occupants are inside the vehicle, and the motorhome is no exception, being sufficient that the activity in the interior does not transcend to the exterior by the setting up of elements which surpass the perimeter of the vehicle such as stalls, awnings, levelling devices, stabilizing devices, etc.

To be made public for general knowledge.

Madrid, Jan. 28, 2008

THE DIRECTOR GENERAL

Pere Navarro Olivella

TO BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL UNITS OF THE AGENCY

Archived