forget calais problems, come to sunny Wales.

tonyg3nwl

We are currently in sunny Wales, just south of Harlech, and have been touring around here since last monday. The weather forecast when we left was for at least a week of good weather, and it couldnt have been better.gorgeous warm sunshine with a short spell of light rain earlier this morning.

sites are busy with the silver headed crowd, and we had to search for places where we could overnight..thank goodness for cc, ccc, and britstops. ( there is not enough britstops so please find some more).

Unfortunately we are getting to the end of our short break and will be heading home sunday /monday.

advantage..no ferries to get bogged down with illegals, no passports needed, and it would help if you can speak a foreign language (Welsh of course)..we dont but the natives are friendly.

Even all the most powerful people in the world are currently enjoying a short break in Cardiff area at present, so if they can take a short holiday here, why not join them !!!!!!!.......

Believe that if you will .

tonyg3nwl.

You should try the Welsh speaking parts of Wales where many of the natives hate the English even more than the French do - where even though we let them have free use of our own language they insist in teaching their kids a language that serves no purpose in the modern world other than an ego trip for Plaid Cymry!

Might make you appreciate the wall to wall sunshine, generally free parking, Aires with free or cheap services, proper bread at sensible prices and generally uncongested roads every day rather than the lottery of a UK summer?

Nice, Tony. But, I hate those camp sites in Wales where they charge you just for putting up an awning. We are in France at the moment and the pitches have a variety of add ons, from awnings to tents, and more than one tent. You rent your pitch and can do, within reason, what you like.

Not so happy today, cos the very narrow road and oncoming traffic caused a minor dispute between my nearside mirror and a non moving object..mirror lost out..so unwelcome expense..

I had hoped this would have been a relativelycheap holoday..

should have gone to specsavers as they say..

tony

As one of the (silver headed crowd) just got back from 5 hot sunny days at shell island pitched stones throw from sea overlooking Cardigan bay and Snowdonia. Left when Friday night came with the unruly families and noise from drinking till late hours. Very popular with the more mature motor homers, after the (planet of the apes) crowd have left. :D

BrianBW - 2014-09-07 1:00 PM

Nice, Tony. But, I hate those camp sites in Wales where they charge you just for putting up an awning. We are in France at the moment and the pitches have a variety of add ons, from awnings to tents, and more than one tent. You rent your pitch and can do, within reason, what you like.

What,s this Brian?,bashing your local sites?? are you down in Tamaris ,I can see Avril paddling in the Med now,hope your both well wish we were there with you but just returned from 3 week trip to Scotland.

Archived