Kontiki 665 first experience

FamilyMac

We've just purchased a 2005 Kontiki 665 and are enjoying our first weekend away to try it out! (Having only borrowed my parents caravan previously) Just can't work out the electric system.... Solar panels have been fitted, but we've changed the invertor so that we can plug into mains on site. But despite following the manual (?) which isn't that helpful we are running the leisure battery to low! The fridge light is indicating 230v and is lovely and cold. Gas igniter won't work this morning but did last night and lights very dim...

Very frustrated, am sure that there is something simple...just can't work it out ?? help.....please!

On my bessacarr, similar model, there is a power unit in the wardrobe with a red and a green switch, make sure these are switched on. The fridge will work without this being switched on as soon as you hook up. Sounds like you are running everything off the battery. Solar panels will help top the battery up, as long as you do not put too much drain on it

I take it you have switched the panel on above the entrance door? if I remember rightly the Green light is the water heater and the Red light is the battery charger in the wardrobe! they should be a small black button as well, when the charger is on it does make a noise but you only use it intermittently.

As has been mentioned if you go onto the Swift Talk forum You will get all the advise you need from other KonTiki owners its a couple of years since we had one and its funny how quickly you forget once you have another van that works differently . Also read that manual again it will explain things you have to study it.

Archived