Motorhome INsurance

rginn

Sorry I am new to using forums and need some advice:

I am a UK citizen and have been working overseas for some years. I retired in Thailand 7 years ago but have now decided to return to the UK. I will have a permanent address in the UK and have held a British driving license for 49 years. I will travel to the Motor Home show in Lincoln on the 25th September with the intentions of buying a used motor-home there or privately.

I have contacted a few insurance companies using there online quotation systems and by telephone. My feedback has been very negative. Some have told me that I must be living in the UK for at least two years, others say 6 months or tell me that they cannot insure me.

I realized that I would to pay a higher premium because of my circumstances but i am now concerned that after buying air tickets and booking a hotel for the Motor Home show, I will not get insurance.

I will try phoning around when I get their but any help or advice from someone familiar with this situation would be gratefully received

Hi

I am also very interested in this topic. I am a UK citizen living in Australia with an Austrlian driver's licence. When I come back to the UK it will be for the sole purpose of buying a Motorhome as soon as we get there. I will have a UK address but obviously will not have resided there - and do not want to wait six months or more before I can get insurancd.

Any advice welcome. Thanks

Regards

Mike

Archived