What is the most useless thing you've bought?

Billggski

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never owned or bought any of the above so I could not possibly comment - but I do agree!

Although a generator might well be a better solution for those who need it for off mains 230v, especially microwave, rather than a 2 kw inverter and several batteries!

The pyramid type toaster comes high on my list of useless accessories as do 12 volt drink heaters, hair dryers, irons and fan heaters which are all useless on 12 volts - as they lack any sort of power at all which is only to be expected using a 15 amp 12 v socket!

Top of my list was a six-burner circular gas hob to mount on to a patio heater (never used) but that was some years ago. The OH insisted on buying a plastic device for holding in the press-button of a shower on a campsite and that has never been used either.

StuartO - 2014-09-08 2:26 PM

The OH insisted on buying a plastic device for holding in the press-button of a shower on a campsite and that has never been used either.

Quite right too - who goes on holiday to take a shower - if you want a shower stay at home!

George Forman grill with removable plates. Never got hot enough to sear the surface of the meat and keep the juices in. Took for ever to cook a nice ribeye steak and the final result was dry and tasteless. Took it back and got a refund. The old fixed plate models worked fine but was a pain to keep clean. Be warned don't buy one.

One of the best thingies we have bought is this toaster - works well - much better than the grill and we can use two if demand is high!

Standing your grill pan on a ceramic tile or two can help as it raises the bread closer to the heat - don't try it on a thick steak though or a current bun!

http://www.campmania.co.uk/Item-13-0-cat-8-brand-631-Gelert_Folding_Camping_Toaster.aspx

Archived