What is the most useless thing you've bought?

Billggski

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2014-09-09 3:25 PM

One of the best thingies we have bought is this toaster - works well - much better than the grill and we can use two if demand is high!

Standing your grill pan on a ceramic tile or two can help as it raises the bread closer to the heat - don't try it on a thick steak though or a current bun!

http://www.campmania.co.uk/Item-13-0-cat-8-brand-631-Gelert_Folding_Camping_Toaster.aspx

We use a tin plate to raise our grill pan.............works fine ;-).................

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any tools with the "Rolson" brand, once bought a set of drills and used all of them to drill one hole, and a pop rivetor that snapped on its first use.

JudgeMental - 2014-09-11 8:37 AM

Cat 1 alarm.....no one takes any notice of them these days, they are just annoying...the thieves certainly don't! The factory immobiliser enough, plus secondary security, window alarms and a safe far better value IMO

You have to be thinking like a thief to get the advantage. If you set an alarm off what would you do carry on with the job or bugger of a bit quick and find a softer touch. Same goes for the value of household alarms.

starvin marvin - 2014-09-09 9:42 PM

Wind out awnings, I've bought (ie got) one with each van and never use them! Waste of time and payload.

Have to agree didn't bother with one on current van and have not missed it.

Was a bit stupid though ordered the fibreglass roof capping cost €600 and added 30kg.

This useless cheap tablet that shuts down the webpage in the middle of doing something so have to reload from the beginning,nearly bought 5 tvs from amazon cos didnt realize it had gone through cos it kept closing,luckily amazon sent me a message thank god.Gonna treat myself to a new tablet xmas (lol)

starvin marvin - 2014-09-09 9:42 PM

Wind out awnings, I've bought (ie got) one with each van and never use them! Waste of time and payload.

One man's 'Useless waste of time' is anothers 'Essential must have accessory'. Our wind out awning is in the second catergory.

Most useless purchase (it was already fitted to the new van) The Autotrail £999 Media system, Car Radio, TV tuner, Sat-Nav, reversing camera,Dvd, CD player. 'Jack of all Trades , Master of None'

Now removed and an Avtex TV, JVC Dab+ radio, Tom Tom 'camper' sat-nav, Ignition controlled twin Reversing camera. Put in it's place. sold the 'very annoying' thing on E Bay. Ray

Archived