help please (sorry re post as put in wrong forum)

Guest 666

Hi everyone I have a Electrolux rm 4270 it works fine on 240 and when driving but on gas it's working but doesn't get very cold

I would say the ice box is about the temperature the fridge should be

so has anyone got any ideas. I have just had fridge right out, cleaned gas burner and cleaned all nessasery parts

Please help

• 2 weeks later...

Not familiar with that model, but sounds like one of the older ones that does not have any thermostatic, they were only ever designed to maintain some cooling while driving and you need to get the fridge down to temp on gas or mains before setting off.

There is nothing wrong with your fridge it's the way it works.

666 - 2014-09-08 6:14 PM

Hi everyone I have a Electrolux rm 4270 it works fine on 240 and when driving but on gas it's working but doesn't get very cold

I would say the ice box is about the temperature the fridge should be

so has anyone got any ideas. I have just had fridge right out, cleaned gas burner and cleaned all nessasery parts

Please help

sorry, but when you had it out, a good idea would have been to turn it upside down for an hour or so, then turn it right side up, this clears any airlocks that have formed. This often happens in older fridges. Ray

My understanding of 666’s inquiry is that the RM-4270 fridge cools OK on 240V mains-power and on 12V when the vehicle is being driven. The fridge also cools on gas but not well.

The fridge is probably quite old as the Electrolux RM-4270 model was being marketed in the late-1990s. As cooling is “fine” on 240V and 12V (and the appliance also functions after a fashion on gas) coolant must be circulating satisfactorily. Consequently, the turning-upside-down ploy is most unlikely to help.

Has the failure to cool adequately on gas only shown up recently? And, when the fridge was removed for attention, was the gas-flue’s interior properly cleaned, not just the gas-burner? Is the baffle still within the gas-flue and, if so, is it in the right place? Does the gas-flame look OK?

In principle, as the fridge cools OK on 240V and 12V, if the gas-burner is operating correctly and the gas-flue is clean inside, the fridge should cool on gas.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived