peugeot boxer radio

wannabe

Hi guys. Long time no post. So sorry to jump straight back in with a question. I have just bought a gen 3 2007 Peugeot Boxer that I am going to convert into a day van and I know there is quite a bit of discussion on these forums about the factory fit radios. The radio in the van I have bought is nothing but a huge pain. The radio will only work when it feels like it but 90% of the time all I get is CANCHECK on the display, and I have made many checks to make sure that all the connections are properly fitted and secure, so I have decided to bin it and fit an after market Pioneer head unit. I know that it needs a wiring harness adaptor but I can't seem to get a definitive answer on which one to use as everybody keeps muttering about it being the changeover year. I have been told that it is either autoleads PC99-213 or PC99-212.

I was wondering if anybody on here has replaced their head unit and used one of these adaptors and could tell me which is the correct one. Also, I want to retain the use of the buttons that are on the steering wheel so I know I will also have to buy a PC99-SON patch lead. Its just the main harness adaptor that I am struggling with, so if anyone can tell me definitely which one I need I would be mucho grateful.

Thanks in advance.

I don`t have a problem with reception. When the radio does come on the reception is great, I have a roof mounted aerial, not the one in the mirror. The reason I want to replace the head unit is that I have read many reports on various forums that when you start getting the CANCHECK message on the display you`ll have nothing but problems and the best place for the radio is the bin! That`s where it`ll end up as I also want to add ipod connectivity. I`m trying to find out which wiring harness adapter is the correct one as I thought someone may have done the swap. The guys in Halfords looked like they had had a lobotomy when I asked them which one I would need for a gen 3 2007 Boxer with canbus wiring and remote buttons on the steering wheel.

Archived