Installing a Battery Mate

tarkus1000

I have a 2011 Chausson Flash 08 motorhome with a solar panel fitted, that is used to charge the leisure battery. I would like the solar panel to also charge the vehicle battery (mainly when not in use over the winter months) and have read that a Battery Mate is the answer. I was hoping to install it with the minimal of routing of cables. I have found a suitable connection point to the leisure battery by connecting at the solar panel controller that connects to the leisure battery, but I am struggling to find a suitable close connection to the vehicle battery positive. There is a B1+ connection post on the 12V distribution box under the bed at the back of the van but that seems to be supplied through a 1 Amp fuse in the safety box and as the Battery Mate can supply up to 4 Amps, I am assuming that this point could not be used.

Any pointers as to where I could easily make the connections would be most welcome.

Cheers

Paul

Our van Autotrail Tracker 2004 has a battery master (Is that what you mean) it was fitted by Van Bitz for the previous owner and it is stuck on the side of the engine battery. I don't know how it is wired in I am afraid.

It works very well with the solar panel keeps all three batteries charged all winter.

Sorry for not being any help.

Archived