van repairs insurance

Forester

Hi, There is breakdown insurance for the side of the road and towing to a garage but the cost of repairs and parts are not covered. Price varies depending on age of van and typre of cover. try RAC or AA or GREEN FLAG Some insurance compamies like mine Comfort include it in there cover

Hiya Wayne. Seeing as you plan to travel further afield then joining one of the recovery services is a must. Why not check with your insurance company to see what they can offer. The two camping clubs offer this option with their policies and are fairly comprehensive with regard to small print and response time. I think your main question asks if you can insure yourself against the actual cost of repairs and parts. I should imagine you can insure yourself against just about anything, but in this case I think the cost would outweigh any benifits. Howard.

Wayne I think that you are referring to mechanical insurance polices rather than breakdown recovery policies, There are various mechanical insurance policies that can be bought when purchasing a second vehicle car from a dealer. I do not know whether these can be bought outside the trade and what sort of conditions would be attached. E.g. how would the insurance company verify the condition of the vehcile when the policy was taken out, etc.

Wayne go into a dealers and ask who they use for their warranty insurance. They may be prpeapred to sell you a policy but you would probably be cheaper asking on your own behalf. Look carefully at exclusions as well as the total amount payable for claims and any excesses. Docted

Archived