Veurne Belgium, Aire info

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental
thinking of overnighting here in October on way to Amsterdam as we want to visit a bike shop in the town. Has anyone used the Aire there please, as info on net confusing with some getting parking tickets but no up to date info....

If you go to google street view on these co ords you will see dedicated motorhome parking near to the Marina, Judge, so should be no need to worry about parking tickets but I assume you have to pay at a meter or the likes for the stay.

51.070456 2.664773

Brian

Yes. The dedicated aire is a few spaces at side of the main road past the marina. It is totally unsuitable as not long enough bays and youhave to block the pavement. They now have barriers placed next to pavement. Anyway, everyone uses the parking on the west side of the marina next to the actual marina. Most stick their front out very slightly onto the road ( front wheels in gutter to get level, and if you are long your rear over hangs the low box hedge and pavemnet slightly - its not a problem.

The problem is some twits come in when it is quiet and park sideways to have lovely view of the boats...this is obviously a no no when it gets busier but the idiots have gone off shopping/torung town. Also there is a private house across the road and people often reverse almost up to her front door, of course she gets annoyed and phones the police. Anyway, its a nice location and quiet at night. Also good shops in the town, Delva shopping other side of marina which is best described as an old fashioned ironmongers modern version. I always buy a few hardware bits and bobs, stainless steel bolts and screws, silicon sealant, Methanol ( don't ask), etc., and wife buys a few bits of china or kitchenware.

Plenty of places to eat in the town, ice cream cafes ( September???) and other shops. Also bakers for morning bread if wanted.

BKen1 - 2014-09-11 2:24 PM

If you go to google street view on these co ords you will see dedicated motorhome parking near to the Marina, Judge, so should be no need to worry about parking tickets but I assume you have to pay at a meter or the likes for the stay.

51.070456 2.664773

Brian

See my last post. Also to add...Its free parking.

edit. Water 50cents for marina ( long hose) , free toilet dump, toilets 50cents, Shower 1 Euro (might be 1.50Euro) can't remember. Showers are not always very clean and are smelly form damp as no decent ventilation. Have written to council a few times and they are making an effort with then to keep clean and maintained now.

Archived