Motorhome insurance

thehormone

I am buying a motorhome to live in full time but can only get 'car' insurance I.e. Contents cover of £500 a claim in any one year presumably to cover theft of stolen car radio! Does anyone know where I can get 'buildings & contents cover' for a motorhome? I intend to remain on a caravan site for the foreseeable future but no insurer I have contacted wants to know - because I am living in it full time!

It is not a motor policy you need and it is not a buildings and contents insurance. Saying that some motorhome insurances will cover high levels of contents insurance but not sure they would cover you for living permanently on a camp site.

If you have not already tried them contact Adrian Flux, https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/other-insurance/ ,they do different types of insurance, they may be able to quote you a bespoke policy or at least put you in touch with someone who can.

Tell me, why would you want to live permanently on a site in a motorhome when you could live in a caravan without the trouble of having it MOTd and serviced etc for a fraction of the cost and and have money left to buy a car to ride round in.

Guest JudgeMental

"Tell me, why would you want to live permanently on a site in a motorhome when you could live in a caravan without the trouble of having it MOTd and serviced etc for a fraction of the cost and and have money left to buy a car to ride round in."

Most of us probably thinking exactly the same.....it honestly makes little sense......

Archived