Registering new motorhome

Budgie823

I bought a new motorhome almost 3 weeks ago but have still not taken delivery of it. I am told that it cannot be handed over until the registration documents are received. Whenever I have bought a new car I have not had to wait for the paperwork but am told it is different with a motorhome. Is this the case and, if so, how long am I likely to wait?

Guest JudgeMental
have a look on DVLA related threads...... they have moved everything to Swansea and delays common. it really is pot luck..they are clueless.

Just to add to your woes :D

Check with the vehicle base manufacturer that the warranty is current from the day you purchased / on the road VED.

It is not unknown for the base vehicle to start its service record from the date the converter purchased the vehicle, not the date the conversion is sold.

Our Fiat warranty had been running just under a year, before we purchased the m/home from new.

Rgds

Thanks for the link Judgemental, raises some interesting points regarding the plate but doesn't really clear up the issue with the registration document.

Interesting point re the warranty Tony......I'll certainly be asking the question if ever the vehicle becomes ready for collection!!

I thought that was the case Flicka, as it has been when I've bought a new car but I was told by the dealer I had to wait for the paperwork.......I think they might have been delaying things? Anyway the good news is the V5 doc arrived yesterday and I'll be picking it up on Wednesday so now looking forward to my first trip out!

Archived