Importing a Globecar

mikeje

Guest Had Enough
mikeje - 2014-09-14 1:59 PM

Looking at importing a secondhand Globecar and was hoping someone could recommend a dealer.

Any advise on who I can insure with for the drive from the port to home?

I'm assuming dealer will take to Calais for me?

Thanks

Mike

Your best bet is to find the right vehicle first on here http://www.mobile.de/ and then check if the dealer will take it to Calais and what he'll charge. You should also check out Possl, the same 'vans under a different name.

As for insurance advice I would hope that whoever you'll be insuring it with will cover you when you reach Dover. After the the drive home you'll still need cover in case it's pinched off your drive.

If I'm wrong here Judgemental's the expert and he'll soon put us right.

Guest JudgeMental

Yes Duemo best by far for a panel van they sell hundreds....If you want contact details PM me. I have had last 2 vans from them, Hugh one,Tommo one as well. We all just drove ours home on the export plates, most people do, its less then 4 hours.... but they will arrange delivery to Calais for you at a cost..... Lots of stuff on importing using the "search" facility.

I use Safeguard as they are one of the few that insure on VIN number.

Possl by far the most popular model over the water, lighter interior + much nicer graphics. but Duemo will supply either......They will also change headlights, speedo etc making it straightforward when you return.....

Archived