Battery Charging on a Lunar Roadstar 786

lorrick

Hello again

I have purchased a 55 plate 786, I have just had to replace all the batteries, Engine and Leisure, as the two leisure batteries had been moved from a single under the driver’s seat to two under the rear bench seat behind the driver. The two so called leisure batteries where normal 072 Starter Batteries, and so where completely shot, would not hold charge as was the starter battery. I have noticed that when it is plugged into 240v it will only charge the selected battery if you select the Leisure or Engine Battery on the electric selection panel above the door, should it charge up the batteries as soon as it is plugged in or is this the design of the Van, and is the engine starter battery totally isolated as long as you select 12 v from the leisure battery as I would not want to be stuck not being able to start the engine if it went flat.

Regards

Richard

Hi lorric, We have a lunar 780 2002, and it seems as if you have a similar system to ours. Yes you are right, which ever symbol you press, that is the one which will get the charge. I moved our leisure battery to under the bench seat, and added an extra battery, so now have twin 105amps, with a 120watt solar panel, the only thing we have found is that the fridge/freezer unit light and gas ignition to it, are powered from the van battery, so be warned if you have the same configeration. The f/freezer 12volt cooling only works with the engine running tho. We have just toured for 10 days and only 2 days on hook up no problems with power, telly on most nights, but have changed all lights to l.e.d's. We also invested in gaslo's for cheeper gas power. Enjoy your van, we do. The dealer that sold it said it was Champagne at brown ale price, and We agree!!!!

Archived