Calorlite recall

pepe63xnotuse

I have 2 Calor Lite cylinders, 1 full one dated 2012, So, presumably not in the recall, and one about 2/3rds full dated 2010. I'll wait until it's empty before trying to exchange it, as my suspicion is there will be a shortage as everybody tries to to exchange their Cylinders at once. I have had situations before where I have been asked to take an ordinary cylinder, as they have run out of 'Lites' , and this is before the 'Recall'. I choose lites to get better load margin. Ray

flicka - 2014-09-24 11:37 PM

When I phoned the Calor No. they advised that NOT all distributors are in the recall programme, so there will be some who A) do not have stock B) unable to supply free replacement. The Calor website shows the dealers in the programme

I exchanged both my cylinders today - main Calor-lite distributors have the stocks & there is a voucher scheme they need to process, enabling them to recover cost from Calor. The other outlets are not in the voucher scheme, which will explain their reluctance to replace FOC under the recall. Chatting with the distributor (& NOT VERIFIED WITH CALOR, so may not be the "official" reason) the recall appears to be that there is a possibility of internal rusting that will not be identified by just looking at the cylinders. This may, repeat, may be the reason I had a cylinder leaking at the valve, as rust particle could have been trapped in the valve seating - Again I repeat this is verified information.

Swapped my 2011/2 Calor lite today, first place said I had to go to specific dealers as they had problems with Calor when they had exchanged one before.

So went to second dealer, no problem, fill in form, empty bottle exchanged for full one.

Result!

Then I checked my new bottle, 2010/2 date! What? Have I missed something here?

I had.

They check the bottles and test them, if they are OK they punch a hole in the metal disc around the neck and re-issue them.

So your new bottle could be older than your old one. But full.

Archived