AVON - AV9 Tyres

Mike-the-red

Hello, I need new tyres for my Van as the old ones are cracked on the side walls and were an advisory replacement on the MOT yesterday. I was advised by the swift dealer that Avon tyres would do the job at £79 each. I can only find AVON - AV9 tyres of the same size and rating whilst searching the net. Has anyone any experience of these tyres or general advice. cheers Mike

Hello Mike, Have not had any specific experience of Avon Avanza AV9 tyres on vans but have used Avon tyres on light vans and cars and always found them to be good especially in wet conditions. My only criticism is that they do seem to wear more quickly than some other makes but this would not be a problem if you do low mileages as most motor caravanners do. At £79 per tyre (Fitted?) these are a reasonable price but a quick shop round may get a better price. Other than the obvious makes like Michelin and Pirelli take a look at Goodyear Cargo G26 (Have used these and they are good) and Continental Vanco which come out tops in several tests. Regards, Mike

Hi Mike- My 18month old coachbuilt is fitted with Goodyear Cargo G26 and I have no complaints what so ever, have only covered 6500 miles but they look hardly used and feel safe on the road in all weathers. Bear in mind that motorhome tryes normally need replacing because of age than high wear and it seems pointless to buy expensive ones to replace after 4-5 yrs. Chas

Archived