Motorhome of the future ?

nsmg

Cheers,

I'm doing a paper for the University about the motorvan of the future and I would like to request your help

if you don't mind.

What would you like to see in the future available to owners of motorhomes, in terms

of funtionalities controlled by a remote control or your motorhome key for exemple ?

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards.

Guest JudgeMental

A self driving van which runs on tap water...So I can lay on bed reading my kindle while being transported to Italy :-D

Automatically weighs itself so I know its safe on the road, self servicing. A shopping app so supplies arrive ahead of us on site, and has solid tyres so no punctures ;-)

JudgeMental - 2014-09-22 10:27 AM

Automatically weighs itself so I know its safe on the road, ;-)

Tongue firmly in cheek there Judge, but your suggestion above, for weight monitoring would be very useful and feasible. Maybe in conjunction with a self levelling system.

I think motorhome design needs some thought at a more basic level than the key-fob though!

regards

alan b

nsmg - 2014-09-22 10:07 AM

Cheers,

I'm doing a paper for the University about the motorvan of the future and I would like to request your help

if you don't mind.

What would you like to see in the future available to owners of motorhomes, in terms

of funtionalities controlled by a remote control or your motorhome key for exemple ?

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards.

Judge has a great Idea for Product (if some 'Geek' can design one) a gadget (reasonably cheap) that can measure the weight of Motorhome, prefereably transfereable between vans. I would buy one anyway. Motorhomes being Overweight in use is a universal problem. Ray

A future motorhome that was just " virtual" no need to endure UK grid locked roads, people who are a pain on the rear, inclement weather, and the elimination of the ritual of s**t bucket emptying. As for remote control devices, how about a heat seeking missile for those noisy French folk who always seem to be shouting when in conversations, no on second thoughts they entertain with their attempts at reversing.

Any Future Motorhome would have to be of High Impact/unbreakable one piece construction without seams with windows / solar Panels all moulded into the self cleaning shell to prevent any water/moisture ingress, automatic fold away double bed/beds, absence of hard wiring everything being done by Wi-Fi, Fully automatic gearbox, with solar driven engine. effluence dealt with automatically and turned into pellets for the garden, with a on board Micro Water Purification/desalination plant, for Security a 100,000 volt intruder Identification Pacifier to secure the Motorhome.  Please add what I've Missed out

Personally I am not really interested in such electronic gadgetry, be it in my house, car or motorhome and like to keep things simple. To me most of these innovations are more trouble than they are worth - more to go wrong. I do,however, accept that a lot of people are interested in such things so will post some suggestions below.

Motorhomes need to serve a number of functions in one space so anything innovative that maximises the use of the available space and provides a fair amount of storage would be of interest to most people I would think. Use of lightweight materials that are strong and with good insulation and waterproofing qualities would also be of interest. Efficient heating and cooling systems that provide an even temperature throughout the motorhome would be good. These are the basics mentioned in another post and I think manufacturers should concentrate on these rather than coming up with headline grabbing gadgets.

Some gadget ideas, in no particular order, some of which may already be available although I am not aware of them and some which are most likely rubbish and/or just plain stupid but who knows what we might have in the future. A lot of this lot could be controlled by smart phone apps (hark at me talking about apps!).

Heating/cooling that can be set remotely

Remote switching on/off a connected external power source

Automatic water & waste tank heating

Remote switching on/off of fridge

Remote setting of cooker

Auto levelling

Remote or auto opening/closing of roof lights

Auto detection of attempts at gassing with possible electric shock treatment

Tyre pressure monitor/auto pressure adjust

360* surround cameras with remote monitoring

Photo-chromatic window glass with auto operation when sun comes out

Auto operation of mirrors so they retract if they detect a closing object

Remotely operated electric blankets

Electrically operated window blinds

Electric operation of sofa/bed bases

Slide outs (but they must be really useful - no manufactures mentioned)

Some sort of force field to keep midges/mosses out

Auto fire extinguishers

Additional centre wheels that can be deployed to move sideways for parking etc

Voice activated controls

Device to remove cooking/bathroom smells

Gadget that converts toilet contents into clean water

Must stop here as my wife reckons I have gone completely over the top and am talking b*****ks.

The only problem with this lot is - who in their right mind is going to pay for this lot?

Archived