Wissant aire

Mickt

Nothing on-line to indicate problems with ‘illegals’ at the Wissant aire - see Val Goody’s recent comment here:

http://www.campercontact.com/fr/campersite/detail/id/11094

If security is a real worry, you might consider staying at the municipal campsite instead as this is apparently open until mid-November.

http://www.ville-wissant.fr/spip/spip.php?article36

The 'illegals' at Calais are about 95% certain that the vehicles parked up are going to the UK and worth using as a means to get across the Channel.

Anyone parked elsewhere in France would probably only give them a 50/50 chance of getting one going the right direction for them and a much longer and more dangerous ride where-ever they attach themselves to the vehicle.

Wissant, and any other Aire in Northern France away from Calais, is perfectly safe to use for an overnight stop and, of course, it's free!

It's always busy and if you park in the bus lanes you can expect to get moved on.

If you want to be sure of getting a slot best to arrive late morning and enjoy a leisurely stroll to the village and beaches which are quite pleasant but often windy being on the channel coast.

Don't understand why you folks don't use the private farm aire at Tardingham, there is actually three places you can park, one large field is rarely used, and on a nice day has lovely views across the channel, 5 Euros hardly breaks the bank, service is down by the large shed, although quite what he does with your black waste that you need to decant into a large container is a mystery, the Aire is just a short hop from the A16, we are here right now with just one other van parked up on his France Passion bit, there is also electricity down on the farm bit for those that want it.

Well, I found it on Google maps.

50.866537, 1.630827

€5 a night that would be my whole weeks camping budget gone. (lol)

We usually stay at Cap Gris Nez, it's free and the bread van comes round in the morning. Also nice cliff top walks.

Guest Had Enough
lennyhb - 2014-10-01 3:29 PM

We usually stay at Cap Gris Nez, it's free and the bread van comes round in the morning. Also nice cliff top walks.

But most of these places are thirty-odd kilometres away from Calais with the obvious risk of a traffic accident delaying you for the ferry or tunnel. Fine for when you arrive in France (if you're going in that direction) but a bit dodgy if you're going home.

I think I'll still take the terrible risk of staying at Cite Europe thanks, despite the fact I'm likely to be gassed, eaten by savage illegal immigrants or be fined for being over the weight limit because of the number of Ethiopians hanging on to my exhaust pipe.

At least I'll get to my ferry or train on time even if my motorhome has been broken into and I've been rogered up the chuff by some strange Africans with Ebola disease. ;-)

Finally, I didn't know that your camping budget had risen to five Euros. There's hope for you yet. (lol)

Apologies, correct spelling is Tardinghen, just checked my Satnav, N50°51.356'. E001°39.069, that is for the top parking place, the farm is just a very short distance from that for services.

It is just 17 miles from Calais via the A16. So if you want a lovely peaceful stop give it a go.

As for the comment from HE about the distance its not quantum physics to allow some extra time is it, what I'd assume most folk do even if only travelling a couple of miles

If we miss our allotted sailing time in the morning that will largely be down to me, not a distance of 17 miles.,

?

Apologies, correct spelling is Tardinghen, just checked my Satnav, N50°51.356'. E001°39.069, that is for the top parking place, the farm is just a very short distance from that for services.

It is just 17 miles from Calais via the A16. So if you want a lovely peaceful stop give it a go.

As for the comment from HE about the distance its not quantum physics to allow some extra time is it, what I'd assume most folk do even if only travelling a couple of miles

If we miss our allotted sailing time in the morning that will largely be down to me, not a distance of 17 miles.,

As for payment you are asked to put it in the letter box in the absence of seeing anyone which is often the case, how many of the French do is debatable lol.:

?

Archived