Electric beds?

Pampam

Eyup has anyone on this forum had any experience of the electric beds that you can buy ?they are double and divided in two and you can raise the head &bottom half of bed seperately ,ive seen them on the telly , my dad needs one to raise his feet etc :- anybody had any dealings with these ? Ill bet they are pretty expensive cheers pp:)

Guest Peter James
I saw one on a £100k Hymer and was so impressed I decided to splash out - on 4 ratchet straps from Poundland to go one on each corner of the bed - I can raise mine side to side as well as front to back. Great when you are parked on a slope (lol)

I was going to get one for mum, but she decided to leave us a bit earlier than expected. They are expensive Pam but I think it would have helped her a lot......she were a bit stubborn, kept uming and hahing.

If there is a Dreams store near you, go and have a look and a lie down on one.

And he will appreciate it more than an electric chair :D

Dave

Thanks will do he needs to have his feet high uo which is okay when he in his chair (electric recliner) but at night it takes an hour to prop his feet up with pillows and cage over to stop bedclothes areet bloody performance i'll tell yer!!!! So we thought a reclining bed (double) might be answer he is having an airflow mattress delivered which sits on a double bed which will leave about 1'6"" for my stepmum to sleep on : so thought one of these twin mattress fancy beds might be answer cheers pp:)

Perhaps some bolster cushions or such like under the foot end of the existing mattress could work for him, or even just raising the entire bottom end of the bed as my late brother did with a couple of house bricks, he was a notorious skinflint but he was adamant that it helped his wife who had circulation problems.

Yes we use all the bolster cushions etc bolstered at the back and at his knees and feet its a right old rigmarole for him , the fact is that my poor old dad who was once 6'3" is now 4' tall and bent into the shape of a question mark.? His lower rib grates on his hip, the nhs want him to have an airflow mattress (to prevent sores)but they only do single size,which in their old double bed would only leave my stepmum 1'6"of room ,hence the search for the twin mattress "bendy"bed so one side can have an airflow and my stepmum have a bit of space :he still has a sence of humour and never moans he reckons he looks like a "medieval village idiot" and i tell him "yes and an ugly one at that!" Cheers for help pp:)

Archived