October sun?

skottle

[QUOTE]skottle - 2006-09-24 2:19 PM Hi, Could anybody please suggest anywhere in Europe ( motorhome friendly) which could be fairly warm in the October school holidays? Thanks[/QUOTE] I would say Southern France, westwards from Marseille to the Spanish border. (Eastwards along the Cote d'Azur is best avoided in a motorhome IMO.) We go most years late Oct - early November. The weather has always been pretty warm for us. There are plenty of decent Aires, most of which are free at that time. Our favourites are Palavas les Flots (not free, but IMHO worth the 10E per night plus 2E electricity), St Pierre sur Mer, Gruissan. Also Saintes Maries sur Mer in the Camargue. HTH :->

[QUOTE]skottle - 2006-09-25 7:55 PM Hi, Thanks for that reply, that sounds great and would really appreciate anymore information you have. What does IMO and IMHO stand for? Thanks[/QUOTE] IMO - In My Opinion IMHO - In My Humble Opinion I know, I should get out more! Have a look at this site - it is in French, but you can get a good idea of the Aires from some of the photos. http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm The Aire at Palavas is one of our favourites, it is pleasantly situated in a Marina, you can walk down the river into the town (10 mins) where there are plenty of restaurants open. There is a decent beach. You can walk inland as well around the Etangs and along the Canal du Midi. St Pierre sur Mer is on the edge of a Nature Resreve at the mouth of the Herault River - very peaceful and quite beautiful. Gruissan is a big Aire in a resort Les Saintes Maries - intersting town in the Camargue - good walking and cycling around HTH (Hope This Helps)

Archived