peugeot boxer elddis autoquest

mids

Hi anyone tell me if the ars light should cone on for a short while when ignition turned on or is this a fault. Motorhome only dobe 400 miles , went to pull away and felt like all brakes were on, didn't clear until turned on and off a couple of time any ideas. Going in for diagnostic test , only one week old!!

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums.

I’ve no practical experience of your make/madel of motorhome, but I think you are referring to the “ASR” light (not “ars”) that relates to an “AntiSlip Regulator” system (often called “traction control”).

Assuming that the ASR system fitted to a Peugeot Boxer is similar to that used on a Fiat Ducato, I would expect there to be a dashboard-mounted button marked “ASR” (used to switch the ASR system off temporarily) and that the LED in this button would illuminate for a few seconds when the vehicle’s ignition was turned on. In the event of a problem with the ASR system, I would expect the LED in the ASR-button to illuminate and stay on, together with a warning light in the main dashboard display also illuminating. But what you are describing in your first sentence sounds like normal behaviour to me.

Regarding the brakes being on, if your motorhome has ASR it probably also has a ‘Hill Holder’ system designed to assist the driver when starting on hills. Basically, on steep slopes the brakes are held on for up to 2 seconds to allow the driver to move his/her foot from brake-pedal to accelerator-pedal without the vehicle rolling backwards (or forwards). This may be what’s happening with your Elddis, or it may be a fault.

There should be information in your Peugeot Boxer Owner Manual about its systems, though this won’t tell you what they ‘feel like’ when the vehicle is being driven.

I think there’s a reasonable chance that nothing is actually wrong and it’s your newness to the motorhome that’s causing you concerns. But you are wise to have arranged for a diagnostic test to be carried out and a technician who is familiar with how these vehicles should perform should be able to say whether or not there’s a fault.

Archived