Storage cost.

Cliffy

Anyway, back to the original post, you are indeed very lucky as down here in expensive Surrey, I'm paying £600 year for a hardstanding on farm with silver CoSSA and previously were paying £550 for an unclassified farm.

Very little choice down here and we were extremely lucky to find somewhere. Also having to pay £150 qtr for a garage to house the VW!

Sydney1 - 2014-10-02 12:54 PM

Anyway, back to the original post, you are indeed very lucky as down here in expensive Surrey, I'm paying £600 year for a hardstanding on farm with silver CoSSA and previously were paying £550 for an unclassified farm.

Very little choice down here and we were extremely lucky to find somewhere. Also having to pay £150 qtr for a garage to house the VW!

Exactly..

I know my brother was paying 300quid + to store his caravan in a gated, open to the elements compound here in Shropshire and that was some 4-5 years ago....and presumably, it's gone up since then.

Maybe I should tell him he should be driving 3/4 of the way across France, in order to find a cheaper one?... (lol)

(..if he does, I'll get him to give you a shout Syd' ;-) )

Guest Had Enough
sshortcircuit - 2014-10-02 12:17 PM

Please do hold your breath, permanently. As you say there will have been facilities available but none were visible. As far as a made up tale, I only report what I find and your induendo as to whether I am a member or not is with your usual drivel, incorrect.

You said this:'On the way down we stopped at a CS at £12 which was a corner of a field off the farm yard, no water, no drainage, nothing.'

So was this a deliberate lie to bolster your case or just stupid drivel from a man who, on not seeing water supplies, didn't have the brains to ask where they were? And my made-up-tale quote was nothing to do with whether you're a member of a club or not, it was about your claim that a CS charging £12 didn't have water. And it turns out that it was a made-up-tale.

I have the brains to work out that the fact that you used a CL or CS is proof that you are a member of a club.

But whether you're a member of a club or not you still seem to delight in slagging it off and denigrating your own country at every opportunity, even posting untrue drivel to bolster your case.

In future you'd be better off just telling the truth rather than coming up with fanciful claims that can easily be disproved.

Brock - 2014-10-02 10:05 AM

Agree Frank and one of the benefits of using CC sites is that you are unlikely to meet them.

However, I'm assuming that Cliff and Hamish are members raising valid concerns. I've been a contented member for 24 years but I still raise the occasional issue with the Club so that I understand what is going on.

Brock you are correct I am a member of both clubs, each of which have advantages. I am at present on the c&cc Keswick site for the 4th time this year, total cost gor the week 7 nights £114.45. Not worth stopping at home. We are 50 yards from the lake, 5 mins walk to town and beautiful scenery.

We insure the van through the CC club best price and great service, they supplied me with a green card for Bosnia free of charge no hassle.

So I am not slagging them off in general am now happy I am getting a good deal for storage. I have check another private local Gold CASSOA site which was also £280 per year up to 8 mtrs. I guess its the joys of living in the great North East of England. Love it.

Guest Had Enough
Bulletguy - 2014-10-03 12:25 AM

Frank Baloney Fights For Britain.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2z5stc8.jpg

I'm pleased that you're back as it gives me the chance to ask you again something that you didn't answer before.

During a debate on ACSI cards you said that at three sites the owner smiled and 'threw the card back at you' telling you that it was useless as his normal prices were lower than the ACSI price.

I think that you lied and that it was a typical Bullsh*y guy provocation post. I asked you to name the sites, as to anyone with a brain it made no sense whatsoever.

So I ask again, what are the names of the sites? If you refuse to name them it will confirm what I suspect, that your are a dishonest man who will tell blatant untruths simply to provoke and stir. As you appear to be doing once more in your latest post.

This should be fun. >:-)

I thought this thread was about STORAGE cost??

How lucky you northerners are, we pay £650 a year for a gold cassoa site, open to the elements.It does have good security, and the possability to wash van empty WC and the temporary use of electric, and you can leave your car in place when taking van out. You would think there would be plenty of sites for storage, but there is not. We also don't have much choice of dealers to get bits and bobs from, so have to buy on line mostly

PJay

Had Enough - 2014-10-03 8:02 AM

Bulletguy - 2014-10-03 12:25 AM

Frank Baloney Fights For Britain.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2z5stc8.jpg

I'm pleased that you're back as it gives me the chance to ask you again something that you didn't answer before.

During a debate on ACSI cards you said that at three sites the owner smiled and 'threw the card back at you' telling you that it was useless as his normal prices were lower than the ACSI price.

I think that you lied and that it was a typical Bullsh*y guy provocation post. I asked you to name the sites, as to anyone with a brain it made no sense whatsoever.

So I ask again, what are the names of the sites?

Obviously it wouldn't have made any sense to you as you don't have a brain.

Campsite Auensee

Campsite Duet (Nr. 253)

Campsite Korona

If you refuse to name them it will confirm what I suspect, that your are a dishonest man who will tell blatant untruths simply to provoke and stir.

Named.......now withdraw your threat and accusations.

As you appear to be doing once more in your latest post.

Doing what?

This should be fun. >:-)

Everyone knows your idea of 'fun' Frank. *-)

Guest Had Enough
Bulletguy - 2014-10-04 4:27 AM

Campsite Auensee

Campsite Duet (Nr. 253)

Campsite Korona

Like I said, this is fun! The debate was about the ACSI card and its value. You said that at three sites you were quoted lower prices than the sites' ACSI price.

None of the three sites listed above are in the ACSI scheme. They may be ACSI inspected but they are not in the ACSI Card scheme.

Go to the ACSI site and type in any of the three names. I couldn't find them in the ACSI book so tried this.

http://www.campingcard.co.uk/gb/en/search-campsite%3a/by-campsite-name/uc33-l2-n653.657/

Like I said, you were untruthful when you claimed to go to sites that were ACSI Card sites and the manager 'laughed and threw it back at you.'

Of course there are sites cheaper than some ACSI prices, in Poland, the old East Germany and in other old Iron Curtain countries, but that's nothing to do with the ACSI card which is mainly used in France, Spain etc.

Of the three sites that you list the only one I could find with prices was Korana, not Korona. It's in Croatia and its off season price for two adults and a motorhome is €20.

http://www.np-plitvicka-jezera.hr/en/plan-your-visit/accommodation/korana-camping-ground,33.html

Now perhaps you can furnish us with three sites that are in the ACSI Card scheme that offer cheaper prices than the ACSI price.

Perhaps you don't know the difference between ACSI Card and simply ACSI Inspected?

As far as I can tell the debate on this topic is 'storage cost', not ACSI.

If those who have a point to make about ACSI would care to start a new thread entitled ACSI I have no doubt that those whose interest is in storage costs and not ACSI would be eternally grateful.

You might find this interesting. There was no chance of our new van fitting in our rear garden as the Nuevo did so we were forced to source an alternative.

To say we hit the jackpot would be an understatement, my Wife's employer actually offered space in one of his properties, (she didn't ask), and it's a joy.

Before he'd offered the storage, I'd looked high and low locally for indoor storage, it's practically none existent.

Here's the interesting bit, part of my wife's job role is logistics and out of interest she asked a local company she deals with for a quote for storage for the van. Needless to say they wanted a cubic metre sizing, not a footprint size.

Cost? £110.

PER WEEK!

Martyn

Archived