northhumberland coast

mids

Looking at touring up the Northumberland coast next year anyone got any information best places to stay , how long for places to visit . Possible route taken etc. Just brought first motorhome done a couple of local weekends.so this will be first major trip thanks

Not sure if I dare mention it, but am member of camping and caravanning club. We went to one of their Meets on that part of the coast near Bamburgh Castle a couple of years ago . Lots to see and visit around the area. I beleive they do an annual meet in the same area, so if you are a member, you could use it as a base.. meets usually last about a month, and no booking required.

Tonyg3nwl

Hi

there are a couple of CC sites one at Old Hartley which is at the south end of the N/Land coast and at Spittal

at the north end both are great sites and with in walking distance of loads to do and see and great public transport links .There are also a a few C&CC sites in between which I have not used. There is also Alnwick Rugby club which operates a site from May to September and is good and is a 10min walk into Alnwick and the castle I have used it a few times.Also River Breamish CC site which is good but a bit off the beaten track

but great for walking in the area. there is also a site at The Barn at Beal which is on the road down to Holy Island but I have not stopped there but I have visited and it seems ok and Holy Island has to be on the hit list for any visit to N/Land.There is a site at Seahouses but it is very expensive but very good by all accounts and is in the centre of the town.There is so much to see on the coast up here I have lived here all my life and still finding more

There is a sigh posted coastal drive which takes in Amble,Warkworth,Alnmouth,Beadnell,Seahouses,Bamburgh and loads of small villages and harbours.

You are more than welcome to come but do not tell every one as we like to keep it to our selves :-D

mids - 2014-10-02 8:27 AM

Looking at touring up the Northumberland coast next year anyone got any information best places to stay , how long for places to visit . Possible route taken etc. Just brought first motorhome done a couple of local weekends.so this will be first major trip thanks

Hi and welcome;

other posts give some good suggestions.

Although it's not on the coast I'd recommend a walk around "Northumberlandia". We had a walk around it last year, and it was worthwhile even though relatively new. By now it should have softenned a bit. Google it first of course,

enjoy your trip,

regards

alan b

Heyup i have stayed on the site in the centre of seahouses which was the most expensive site i have ever stayed on (although it was an august bank holiday)and it was £50.00 per night but i didnt mind because thats where i wanted to be lovely site and very near the harbour : also cc site at berwick which gave you lovely views out to sea definately a beautifull part of the country :-bamburgh castle is awesome we walked from seahouses to bamburgh and back and had fish &chips in seahouses :the ship inn is a lovely pub to go in the bar is olde world and FULL of old brass (overlooks seahouses harbour): didnt get to alnwick but would like to one day : hope you enjoy it pp:)

Archived